Chapter 41: Friends and Fusions

Tapping his foot lightly against the ground Mirai shut his eyes as he heard the cries of Goten and Trunks.

"But... My brother can't be missing! And Hiru's not dead!" Goten yelled between his sobs.

"That can't be! That could never happen to my dad! No!" Trunks shouted.

Goku stood between the boys. His eyes were narrowed since thier cries wouldn't die down. Mirai grit his teeth and unintentionally glared at Trunks.

"What do you think father would say if he saw you like this?" Mirai asked rhetorically.

Trunks suddenly stopped crying but his lip trembled. As for Goten, the young boy wasn't afraid to shed a few tears.

"Stop that!" Goku commanded. "We don't have time for this now! We've got a lot of work to do and we'll have to learn skills fast. You got it?" Goku asserted.

The boys turned around. They clenched their teeth tight in order to stop crying. Mirai stood up and placed a hand on Trunks' shoulder.

Goku nodded. "I know this seems hard, but there's a chance Majin Buu could find this place. I want both of you to start practicing right away!"

Piccolo looked to Goku, "what about the hyperbolic time chamber?"

Mirai nodded, "yes, that's a good idea. For as long as they need to they can train in there."

Goku glanced at both the warriors before shaking his head. "No, you can only use that room twice in a lifetime. We'll never know if we'll need it again." A small curve of hope appeared upon Goku's lips as he looked back to the boys. "Don't worry, we'll be fine. If I'm right about these two then they'll be able to master the fusion technique in no time. Not to mention Kinoko is still looking for Gohan, I'm sure we'll be able to put up a good fight. You two as well will have to learn this fast."

Mirai and Piccolo both nodded.

Trunks and Goten still had their heads down with tears caught in their eyes. Goku grit his teeth angrily.

"I said stop that!" He commanded. "There will be no more tears! You're going to need to be tougher than that to beat Majin Buu."

Mirai looked to Trunks. "Are you going to stay here and cry? Or do you want to prepare to take down Majin Buu?" He asked.

Slowly, their heads lifted up and a determined look fell upon their faces.

Mirai looked to Goku and rose an eyebrow. The Saiyan was panting heavily and drips of sweat surrounded his face. "Are you feeling okay, Goku?"

Goku glanced to Mirai. "Just a little tired, that's all."

...

(Hiru)

The young Saiyan blinked his inherited gray eyes open slowly when he felt someone had revived him. His face twitched softly as his consciousness came back to him. His eyes went wide and he gaped lightly.

"Am... Am I alive?" He sat up quickly slightly shocked at his surroundings. "What the?! Where am I?"

He looked to his left to the the Supreme Kai smiling at him. "As alive as you can be."

He stood up and looked around in shock. "Supreme Kai? Where are we?" He looked to his right and saw Kibito with a halo above his head. He winced slightly. "Gosh, sorry about that..."

Kibito ignored the comment. "Welcome to the world of the Kai's."

Hiru looked to the Supreme Kai curiously, "this is where you live? It's... Nice but how come I don't get halo?"