Chapter 53: Back to the Future

The next day was a great one. All the Z fighters gathered at Bulma's home in order to celebrate the defeat of evil Majin Buu. Everyone arrived and had an amazing time. They danced, ate great food, and were happy that once again they could live in peace. Goku, who arrived tardy to the party, had told everyone a story of how he helped hatch pterosaur eggs. Afterwards, everyone continued to celebrate. Buu and Candy were playing with the twins as Videl watched, Trunks and Goten were playing games as Hercule, Dende and Yamcha sat and told jokes, Goku and Vegeta were pigging out at the buffet table while ChiChi and Bulma talked. On another table, Gohan, Kin, Hiru, and Mirai sat while Piccolo stood behind them leaning against the wall.

"What a story, huh? I hope when Niku has a baby it'll be easy to deal with."

Gohan and Kin both rose an eyebrow and looked over at the two future Saiyans.

"What?" They asked.

From behind, Piccolo smirked at the comment.

Hiru nodded. "Yeah, you guys should see her mood swings. She makes Vegeta seem kind."

Kinoko stood up and slammed her hands on the table. "Niku is pregnant?!"

"By who?!" Gohan asked.

Hiru's eyes widened since he forgot to keep that a secret. "Uh-oh..."

Mirai's face paled and glared at Hiru. 'Great job, nimrod!'

Kinoko leaned towards her future son. "Hello? I asked you a question!"

Piccolo leaned off the wall. "I think you should tell them now, Mirai."

Kinoko and Gohan froze before looking to Mirai. "Well... You see-"

In an instant he was tackled to the ground by Kin. "Are you insane?! What is wrong with you? I'll bet Gohan and I trusted you to take care of her not give her a baby!"

Mirai gulped. "I... I... I love her."

Kin stopped upon hearing that and stood up. She crossed her arms over her chest. "That better be true." She then glared at her future son before slapping the back of his head. "You don't keep stuff like that a secret."

Gohan felt his fatherly instincts increase drastically, and he nearly yelled at Mirai Trunks.

Then again, he remembered just how responsible Mirai Trunks was. After all, he shouldered the fate of two timelines on his shoulders without complaint, and needed up saving them as well. If he had to pick a mate for his beloved little girl, then he couldn't think of anyone better than Mirai.

Of course, that doesn't mean he wasn't going to give him a hard time about it.

His eyes flashed teal and he narrowed his eyes at the future Saiyan. "You'd better take care of her."

The future Saiyan nodded. "Yeah, I will."

"I'm serious Mirai, we like you, but if you break my little girls heart, I'll find a way to cross dimensions and break every bone in your body."

The lavender haired Saiyan nodded. "I'll keep that in mind."

A/N: from here, they are all Mirai timeline characters.

Hiru opened his grey eyes and smiled at the destructive scenery around. "Ah, there's no place like home."

Trunks nodded and jumped out of the machine. "You can say that again."