Chapter 28: Dark Prince Returns

Gohan shifted his coal eyes down to his shocked wife still sitting on the ground. Kinoko had always known Gohan was stronger than her, much stronger than her, but he killed Dabura with just one punch. Of course he wasn't a true challenge but it was still quite interesting. Maybe she didn't know exactly how strong he is. Gohan took off his blood filled glove tossing it far before kneeling down to Kinoko.

"Are you okay?"

The Saiyan girl could only blink. He helped her up and cupped her face with one hand rubbing her cheek with his thumb.

"How about your eye?"

Kinoko gulped realizing how angry Gohan already must be. She grinned. She opened her mouth to respond but another voice mixed in.

"Hey guys! The door is opening!" Goku yelled.

Kinoko and Gohan looked over and nodded as they walked towards it.

...

A scream escaped the throat of the wizard who had just seen his best fighter die at the hands of Gohan.

"Dabura! No! What am I going to do?!"

He paced back and forth and began to hit everything in sight with his thin arms and small fists.

"Without Dabura I'm done for! What will I do!?"

Babidi let out a scream as he angrily began to think.

"I need someone! Someone stronger than Dabura!"

His eyes widened when he began to hear an argument from his crystal ball.

"What's this?" He questioned.

Taking a few steps forwards he looked at the sight through the crystal ball.

...

"What kind of pitiful performance was that?! A true warrior wouldn't have let him done that much damage!" Vegeta shouted.

Kinoko narrowed her eyes the prince. "What are you so upset about?! Dabura is dead isn't he?" She shouted back.

Vegeta stomped forwards getting in the teenaged girls face, "You have pure Saiyan blood running through your veins! Even though he was not so powerful, your father was a high class soldier! Despite that you get tossed around like a rag doll because of that weakness you can't get over and to top that, a half-breed son of a third class kills your opponent with one punch! You are pitiful."

Goku, who was listening to this spoke up.

"Hey look Kinoko didn't know that Dabura would have targeted her eye. I'm sure if she did she would have been more careful." He started.

Vegeta turned his attention to his rival. "Oh yes now there's a pleasant excuse, your as soft as she is Kakarot, and I'm tired of playing around!"

"Enough!" Gohan yelled. Everyone stared at the angry half-breed slightly shocked. He had his eyes narrowed and turned back to look at them. "It wasn't her fault, everyone has a weak point."

Vegeta grunted, "a true warrior would have overcame his or in this case, her, weakness."

Kinoko's face turned red in anger.

Gohan placed a hand on her shoulder. "Ignore him."

"Enough with the excuses! She should have done better and she knows it! Don't you?" Vegeta shouted.

Gohan growled and stepped between his mate and Vegeta.

"You don't want anymore games or excuses fine! I'll help you!" Kinoko took a step back near Goku when Gohan created a blast in his hand.