1. The very beginning

Y/N Birthmother's POV

"Stop running!" a man yells after me.

I am scared.

I am running away from my husband, my abusive husband. Someone who only demands me for money so he could gamble or perhaps buy a couple of drinks.

I never knew he was like this...

---------------------------------------------
It was just 3 years ago when my parents forced me to marry this guy whose parents own a restaurant, Jackson Wang.

I didn't want to... but it was for my parents... My family was very poor at the time, we had to live on the streets.

Oddly enough, as for a poor woman like me, I also had an admirer.

And it was Jackson.
Jackson Wang.

He had always admired me and I knew this ever since I was 13 but it all seemed too unreal, too fake.

I doubted his love for me.

I thought it was a joke.

Or perhaps a rumour... until Jackson confessed to me. I was only 24 at the time and he was only 27.

Our age gap was perfect.

His feelings for me was also perfect.

But I wasn't perfect and I didn't feel anything between us at all.

---------------------------------------------
A year later, we got married and I gave birth to our child, Y/N. She was a beautiful child. I loved her very dearly. And everything was going great, for both my child and I.

However, everything turned for the worst when my parents died; of an infectious disease.

I felt lost...

the ones who were the dearest to me...

were both gone.

I was upset and suicidal thoughts had overwhelmed me. It filled my brain...

but Jackson was there to comfort me the entire time.

I thought my feelings for him will start to grow...

but it never did.

All I felt was only thankfulness,
and nothing more.

I never liked him, but I stayed with him only for the sake of affording Y/N's expanses.

At the end of the day,

I was nothing,

and I had nothing.

It was impossible to afford and to take care of a child all by myself, the expenses were too high for me to handle.

---------------------------------------------
Half a year ago, his parents' restaurant was accused of food poisoning. In result, his family used up every single penny in their bank to fight off the lawsuit

but they didn't succeed.

Unfortunately, the restaurant had to be shut down.

His family went broke.

So there was no reason for me to stay with him.

I greedily suggested for a divorce.

Jackson almost immediately discarded the idea and forced me to stay with him. It was the first time I've ever seen the "real" him.

He began to change....

and he began to treat me crucially.

He would locked me inside the house everyday and leave me with Y/N.

Some days he would come home all drunk, and he would try to rape me. And other days he would not come home at all.

So I decided to run away from him, it was for Y/N and my safety.

Initially, I still had mercy for him considering it must've been difficult to face his parents' business collapse... but it was all gone when he tried to force me to do things I didn't want to do.

Ever since I ran away, I've finally lived the life that I wanted.

The happy life.

But the happiness didn't last long.

6 months after the run-away, Jackson found me.

---------------------------------------------
It was around 10 pm and I was just walking home from work.

There was barely anyone on the street—as usual—but then I heard footsteps following me.

I tried to out run that person.

I turned right 4 times but someone was still following me.

I started running to the nearest police station but before I got there, someone grabbed my shoulder forcefully.

"It's nice to see you again" Jackson said.

I was shook.

He changed.

He looked bad.

I didn't see any hints of love I used to see in his eyes.

He didn't seem to love me anymore,

but it was understandable.

The first thing the asked was "Do you have money on you? I need it"

"What do you need it for?" I said and protected my cloth bag.

He saw me protecting my bag and said "It's either the easy way or the other"

"No go away!" I said as I moved back. Then I tried running away but his muscular arms pulled my bag away and he ran away.

"Wait! No!" I yelled but he was already gone.

Has he been borrowing money? Is he gambling again?

---------------------------------------------
AN: Long first chapter!! Don't forget to vote and comment on the story! And follow me to get notifications when I update!

(I'm editing~)