16. Clan War? X Crush?

Y/N's POV

Professor Kim cleared his throat and said "Thanks to everyone who decided to attend to our first wonderful clan feast"
"There will be food arriving through the big doors when I finish my speech so I'll just ask everyone to stay seated as it might be a bit unconventional otherwise"

He pauses and looks at you.

"So, let's start again"
"I am Professor Kim, your principle and I'll mostly be walking around the school or hanging out in my office at the main tower. You all are welcomed to talk to me about anything. It could be about your concerns at school or any of your personal concerns. Just drop by my office, if you wish. Anyways, it is truly a pleasure to have you all as a part of Zerdloos"

"I am certainly very excited to meet all of the familiar faces and the new faces as well"
"Most importantly, I have a very important event I would like to announce now that all of our clan students are here"

He took a deep breath before he continued talking again.

"Next week on Wednesday, we are going to have a clan war"

All students started talking among themselves.

"Quiet down~ Quiet down~ I'll explain the details to you right now"
"The purpose of this activity is to strengthen our students and let them have more battle experiences. This clan war is among all clans of all ages. To put it in a more simpler way,  participant students in year 5 can be a participant student in year 3"

Then the students started chit chatting again.

"Now, it might seem unfair, but in the real world this happens all the time. Experience mages can always go up with a beginner Mage, I wanted to include this as a challenge"

"As for how it's going to work, 5 people from each clan will be chosen to represent their clan. The representatives will be chosen by the clan. You guys can merely vote for individuals or have a peaceful combat among yourself, it's all up to you guys"

"In the competition, students will be given uniformed armors and wands along with a numbered name tag. Since there will be 20 participants, we will have only have 20 unique number from 1-20. The rules were set this way to avoid people from using magic in duplicating the name tags"

"The goal of the game is to simply collect the most name tags by the end of the time period"

"A special rule is that the name tags must be worn on your chest at all times"

The students started talking.

"Wait what? That's not fair..." you said to yourself.

"Calm down~ This rule is made to force our students to always be in their ready and alert positions"

You looked over at Jimin and you saw Jimin was paying close attention to Professor Kim.

Professor Kim continues.
"This war will last for a week inside a special realm that I'll create at the Zerloos Forest"

"Now of course, there wouldn't be any bed or rooms for you to stay in. Therefore you'll have to be resting on trees or caves"