Chapter One

"For every wound there is a scar. And every scar tells a story. A story that says I survived."   Graig Scott 

Secrets...

We all have them, each one scarier than the other.

We can't prevent them but we can keep them.

Most secrets are meant to be kept, cherished and hidden.

Never tell them, they are meant to be kept for better or worse...

"You are nothing, you will never be anything look at you, you're lucky I gave you life, I mean mistakes aren't to happen." Was all that went through my head all day, every day.

Everyone has a different life, and mine was one that was a living nightmare.

Hit, kicked, punched and scratched was my life, it was worse than watching a horror movie come to life and worse than death itself.

As much I wish it was, my life is not a fairy tale, I have learned to accept that this is it and I can never change that, I have learned that this is real life and not something with a rainbow on the end, my rainbow will be death and as horrible as that sounds it's true, I am walking in a nightmare and living it every day.

"GIRL!" my father shouts at the top of his lungs making me jump in fear.

My father refused to say my name, he just goes by girl and my brother as boy.

"Y...yes." I stumble in fear.

"DID YOU DO WHAT I ASKED YOU TO?" My father says before coming up to me and looking around our old, run down house.

"I... I did." I say strongly, I had cleaned the whole house and cooked dinner which was there, like he asked.

As he continued to look around in anger, I hastily put my cleaning supplies away before returning in a flash.

"I DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE, DID YOU CLEAN THE HOUSE?" he asks me so angry steam could come out of his ears.

"I, did sir." I say as a half strong reply, I hated that I had to call my own father sir but if I didn't I would be beaten until I couldn't breathe.

"SURE YOU DID, YOUR WORTHLESS YOU CANT EVEN DO WHAT YOUR ASKED!" he rages before hitting me across the face, hard.

I struggle to blink back tears, but I do it, I wouldn't cry in front of him even if it's the last thing I would do.

"JUST GO TO THE BASMENT, YOUR PUNISHEMENT IS LATER!" he says before punching me in the stomach and then letting me go down to that hell hole.

I race down the stairs at the fastest rate possible before curling up into a corner and crying.

I couldn't take anymore, 11 years of this life, I wish my mother was here...

My mother was the nicest, caring, pretty, trustable person you knew, I loved her and so did everyone else, life was great before she died, I just wish I could have done something to stop that day...

*Flashback*

"Bye, sweetie I promise I will see you later ok." My mother said happily on a normal day of school, or so I thought.

"Ok, mama bye!" I replied.

As I watched her walk away out of my school, I grabbed my older brother Jacob's hand and walked to my class happily for the last time...

As school, eventually came to a close there I was with my brother waiting and wondering where my mother was in a worry.

***