Chapter thirty nine

I felt happy, I guess I mean I found the love of my life and everything was finally okay.

That's what I wish I could think.

Everything was stuffed up, apart from Ryder and I everything was shit, especially this video I just received from my father.

Apart from the fact I had no idea how the hell he got my number, I needed to make a decision and fast.

The video of my brother was disturbing and also very scary, why would my father go this far?

I replayed the video again to get a clearer understanding of what psycho I was dealing with.

I press play and hold my breath.

"Addison, Addison, Addison so we meet again do you have my money because remember if I don't have it in two days you can say goodbye to your little good for nothing brother", *shows Jacob tied to a chair with a beat up face and knife wounds*

I cover my hand over my mouth and my eyes tear up uncontrollably, even though I have already watched this video it still makes me want to cry and kill my father at the same time.

"If you want your brother to live then give me my money at the alleyway of where you used to live, there is no catch to this come alone as will I, no weapons and that's a promise, you can have your idiotic brother back if you get me my money if not you can say goodbye to him." The evil man on the screen says before it goes black and I hear Jacob groan in pain.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

There was no seconds thoughts anymore I needed money as soon as possible.

I quickly put my phone away once Ryder comes knocking on my door, once his eyes meet mine I instantly feel guilty.

"Hey" Ryder says before kissing me on the lips slightly.

God he is so good, I don't deserve him but I need to do this.

"Hi, I am just finishing off some work" I say hoping he would leave but he never did.

"Good, but you looked really pale and sad you okay?" He asks before I quickly scan myself in the mirror.

Yep, I was pale alright and guilt and sadness were mixed all on my face.

"Really I am fine I just need to eat something" I say before smiling at him quickly.

He looks at me almost reading through my mind before nodding.

"Ok, well lunch break is in five make sure you eat something" He says before hugging me.

I hug him back but the pain in my heart stabs me to quickly move away.

"I need to talk to you later about something so my office when everyone is gone?" He asks seriously I nod my head before he winks at me.

He finally leaves after we say bye to each other and I sit down in my office chair and sigh heavily.

I don't want to do this but this is my only hope, God if I ever see that devils face again I will kill him, even if he is my father.

After ten more minutes of working I get interrupted and I give up as Ryder won't stop reminding me to eat.

I roll my eyes and laugh sightly before closing my computer and then grabbing my bag and standing up.

I quickly step out of my office and lock the door behind me, I hurry away so Ryder doesn't see me before stepping in the elevator.

I twist my finger around my wavy hair as I wait for the floors to go down.