Chapter two

"Here's to the girls:  whose fathers broke their hearts before any boy could"  

 I woke up to the sound of yelling, followed by gun shots I let out a small scream before running upstairs and hiding to see what was going on...

"FIRST YOU BETRAY ME AND NOW THIS, SAY GOODBYE ASSHOLE!" my father screams before shooting someone loudly.

Once I hear the sound of a shot and then a body falling to the ground, I squeeze my eye shut and try not to think of what I just heard and saw.

"MATT CLEAN UP THIS MESS, NOW!" he shouts again before walking closer and closer to where I was, I quickly tried to get back downstairs but I was too late...

"DO I NEED TO SHOOT ANOTHER PERSON TODAY!" he shouts behind me, I hold myself tighter when I felt him tower over me.

I tried to stand up but I couldn't he grabbed the back of my neck and forced me up, I felt my neck stretch and crack but I didn't feel it, it wasn't that much pain at all compared to all the other abuse.

"NOW, WHY WERE YOU SPYING ON ME." He asks after spinning me around to look him in his evil face.

When I didn't reply, he hit me across the face, again.

"ANSWER ME, YOU DUMB ASS!" he says again forcing me to reply.

"I wasn't I came to get ready for school." I reply surprised by the confident in my voice.

"WERE YOU NOW?" he asks me.

I guess I was lucky in a sense that I could go to school, I had won a scholarship to high school and now I am applying one for college, my father makes me do some work that he needs to do, I only go to school because he needs my brain for what he is supposed to do.

"Y-yes I was." I say before looking him in the eye, which was something I wasn't really supposed to do, only if he said so.

"DON'T LOOK ME IN THE EYES UNLESS I SAY SO." He says before digging his nails into my arm and starching my skin so forcefully that my skin was slowly bleeding and opening.

"Yes, sir." I say lowering my head afraid to make contact with him again.

"GOOD NOW GO GET READY, YOU WILL NEED TO WRITE A REPORT FOR ME LATER!" he shouts before sending me to go get dressed in my old clothes, on my way down he kicks me which makes me tumble down the stairs, painfully.

I wince in pain before taking a deep breath and throw on whatever I can find.

Thank God that we had a uniform otherwise I would be a girl who where's the same clothes every day.

As I stare in the mirror I see a girl with long, wavy, dirty blonde coloured hair, a girl with grey eyes and long eyelashes, a girl with tanned olive skin and a girl with bruises across her whole body.

I look away from the broken piece of glass that I call my mirror before getting dressed into one old, normal school dress, old black shoes and white socks.

I finally cover my bruises and seal my long hair in a messy high ponytail.

I grab my tatted, old bag before running upstairs and leaving with no food, water or money.

"See you later Addy, I am so sorry I can't walk with you today." Jacob says after pulling away from our long hug.

"It fine, I am used to walking alone plus I like it, don't worry Jacob go." I say half happy.

Jacob nods his head before smiling a little and then running off to college, my father never let Jacob stay in a dorm with friends so my poor brother had to get up so early and walk or run there, every day I felt sorry for him but he wouldn't let me, he accepted this life a long time ago, unlike me.