Chapter twenty two

Oh...My...God

How had I not seen this before?

Of course, my mother was a part of it, it's all clear now.

Isabel Snow becomes a permeant member of the free soul's gang.

The headline couldn't be clearer and I knew it, I just didn't want to face it.

"Now I need to talk to him" I say to myself, I needed to talk to my father about this and I was going to force him to tell me, I needed to know.

Opening Ryder's office door when I had the key and no one answered, I spoke.

"Ryder I-"I stop talking when no one is in the office.

Great.

I plopped the gala plans on the desk before looking around and then flicking the lights back off and closing the door and then locking it.

Sighing I left the building and made my way to my old house.

The thought of me used to living there made me shiver, but I brushed those thoughts aside when I stepped out of the taxi and made my way to the front door.

I didn't even want to knock, I flung the door open and rushed in.

My father was there sitting on the old couch looking at a photo.

"Ahem" I say making him throw the photo behind his back and clench his fits.

"What do you want, Ms perfect and happy" He says making me want to slap the ugly face of his.

"Look, I need to ask you something and if you dare land a hand on me I will not hesitate to report you" My father looks taken back but slowly nods his head and releasing the grip on his fists.

"What happened to my mother, Isabel Snow?" The minute I asked the question his eyes went dark and his hand flew to his face.

"It's time I told you" he says while I stand near the door frame.

Its close enough

"It happened before you and Jacob were born and before we were even married" He says sadly.

I have never seen this side of my father before.

*flashback*

"Isabel, have you thought about it?" Jack asks her as she sighs over the phone.

"I don't know Jack, my parents would kill me if they found out if I joined a gang" She replied a little worriedly.

"Don't listen to them you have me I will protect you and keep you safe don't worry" he says pretty convincing.

"I- I don't know give me some more time I promise I will have an answer tomorrow" She replies conflicted.

"Fine, tomorrow first thing at school don't let me down" he replies a little angry.

As the next day rolled by Isabel had to make a decision and it was now or never.

"So what will it be?" Jack asks her in the janitor's closet.

"Well I-I will join but on one condition" She says making Jack smile.

"Yes anything?" he asks a little excitedly.

"Do not tell a soul about this" She says coldly.

He nods his head before taking her hand and winking at her.