Chapter five

"No one believes in love at first sight until that special person comes along and steals your heart" 

*Ryder's point of view*

As I stare into my huge work office window a million thoughts run through my head at the same time.

"Uh, Tessa!" I mutter under my breath, Tessa was my dumb ass assistant and she only got the job because she sleeps with me, but a few days later I realised I had made a huge mistake because she is so dumb and doesn't know left from right.

Yes I am the one and only Ryder Walsh, the cold hearted, playboy, billionaire, boss of The Walsh Industries and bachelor of New York.

Once I look at the clock I stand up and leave for the day since it was 5:00pm.

I nod my head at my nice receptionist for the top floor before quickly taking the elevator to the finally floor where my driver was waiting for me outside.

I give my driver, Marcus a quick nod before he drives off to my penthouse.

As soon as I get home I thank Marcus before getting out and taking the elevator to the top floor where my huge apartment was.

As soon as I get home and eat a little my phone buzzes loudly, I groan when I notice it was from my best friend Noah, I answer it angrily before laughing a little when he speaks.

"Ryder, come on seriously you never go out, you're too stressed from work and you haven't had fun for almost a whole fucking year!" Noah replies once I decline his offer to go to the bar with him.

"Noah, at least I am successful I have some work to catch up on tonight." I lied.

"Bullshit your coming and if you don't I will drag your sorry ass there!" he replies before hanging up on me.

I roll my eyes and head into the shower angrily.

As I let the warn water run down my body I smirk a little thinking of what girl I was going to bring home tonight.

I try to find a girl almost every night to take home and sleep with.

I never have sex with girls in my bed, I have a few spare bedrooms for that...

I wasn't always a hard, cold playboy but ever since that incident I could never love or feel for anyone again.

As I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist I look in the mirror and see a 22 year old handsome man.

***

"Noah why are we here?" I ask as we step in the loud, dark room.

"Because you need to let loosen up a bit now just drink!" Noah shouts over the music before leaving to the dance floor with a random girl.

I smirked and grabbed a random girls waist before leading her to the bar area to get drinks.

Once I sat down, I quickly tell the bartender my order before slouching in my seat.

The girl next to me giggles as she skulls her drink before coming closer to me.

Once my drink comes I skull It a bit faster than her before leaning in to her kiss her, as I was about to kiss her my eyes steer to that girl dancing in the spotlight on the pole.

She looked extremely uncomfortable and seemed depressed about what she was doing.

As the girl next to me drunkenly came closer to me I pushed her away and walked a little closer to that gorgeous girl dancing.

She looked around 18 and was only 5ft 5 which suited her.

I stood there for a few minutes before our eyes locked.