Chapter 1 : Attracted To The Devil's Daughter

Wilder

Kea Faye was the very definition of reckless.

She was mean, had one friend - even though she had been in the school her entire life no one knew much about her. She lived with her mother who was a psychologist and there was no trace of her father.

She was on the archery team.

Which mixed with her personality made her absolutely lethal.

She drove a 1969 mustang.

But that was all anybody knew about her.

Things on the surface.

She was always part of some gossip but nobody had the balls to confront her. So they were nameless rumours.

People talked about how she was just a normal girl but after one summer she took a 180 turn And she just wasn't herself anymore.

She changed and no one knew why. Everyone knew who she was but not enough to hate or like her and she seemed to like it that way.

The distant existence. 

The first time I realised Kea Faye affected me was when she assaulted Lucas in detention. He was joking around about something that she had done and he was about the spill what it was when Kea threw a football that hit him in face, "Fuck, chill out, it was a bloody joke."

I was usually pretty composed in most situations and it was more than clear that she could take care of herself but I found myself on the edge of my seat wanting to rip his throat for screaming at her, but even before I could bother as he bent to get the ball, Kea kneed him in the chest. I think she was kind enough to not go for the nose.

I would have gone for the nose.

But it also made me wonder what Lucas was talking about that provoked her like that. They were close in a friendly way from what I had seen since I started coming here. Not that I was making a conscious effort to observe her, I just couldn't help but notice and it wasn't as though she was asking for attention. 

She just was, she simply existed.

But Lucas seemed to have something on her, that much I could tell. She didn't take shit from anybody, hell nobody gave her any cause they were all terrified. But Lucas got away with a lot, sure she kicked his ass four times out of five but Kea was a five out of five kinda girl. 

So what did Lucas have over her or even worse did she have a soft corner for him- the asshat who couldn't add double digits without using a calculator.

Na. it couldn't be.

Kea was better than that.

That couldn't be her type, especially since I had seen her in literature. 

She was smart no doubt, but the way she debated in class about the books that were just being assigned that she had already read in her spare time, was a sight I never thought I would like this much. 

After just two classes with her, I actually started attending class.

It was almost a given that you would find Kea in detention after school. Always for something shrewd, but I liked that about her, she had an intelligent sense of humour that most didn't get and when a few did, it was mostly the teachers so getting into trouble was sort of inevitable. 

I got in trouble just to stick around a while longer.

I had never spoken two words to her but now with each passing day, I wanted to, more and more. The urge was almost uncontrollable. So I walked up to her one day when she was walking to PE for class.

'You look pretty in blue.'

What the fuck was that shit.. pretty in blue?

If i didn't know any better I'd say I was trying to get myself killed.

I think I saw her cringe, 'Wilder go back to being the silent observer, talking isn't for you."

One: I wasn't as discreet as I thought I was about noticing her and that just made me look a million times creepier than the whole 'You look pretty in blue.'

Two: When it came to Kea I had to up my game.

.-.-.

Faye

Towering over almost ninety percent of his batch at 6 foot 3 inches. 

Reyes Wilder the broken prodigy was North Valley High School's most unattainable boy. He took this opportunity to make an aura of DNFD around him and so far people kept at bay, nobody wanting to tick him the wrong way. The girls would swoon around him and the mysterious thing he had going on just made him that much more alluring.
He mostly kept to himself except for horsing around with his polo teammates. No one knew anything about him, except that he moved into town a year back, lived alone, had a huge scar on his left shoulder and drove a Harley to school.

So in a town this small rumours were bound to fly; some said that he was arrested for being involved in a gang upstate, and he was hiding away here. Which led to things circling around him doing drugs and fighting. And how he got shot- explaining the scar.

Others gossiped about how he was a big name in New York, went to a private school, dated models. 

He was a runaway... model... hitman...... undercover. 

It was safe to say people had a wild imagination and it helped because no one bothered him... much.

.-.-.

They both went to the same school, had three out of five classes together. She always sat in the back of the class but was the first to speak out of turn, ready to defend any ideal she had that was being threatened, even by the teacher.

While he tried to sit around her, always stealing glances when she spoke in class, he kept to himself mostly just reading something in the back.

Even though they had barely spoken two words to each other, there was an unsaid acknowledgment of each other. 

How she flinched in class and picked fights.

How he was silent and calm except on the field.

How she moved her lips inaudibly along with the English teacher reciting Keats.

How he never laughed

How she never even smiled

How he always wore coloured clothes, never white.

How she always got in trouble and ended up in detention.

How he promised himself to not get into shit but did petty little things to get himself a few hours after school in the same room with her anyway.

This might just be two very odd people apart but they seemed to be drawing out each other's demons.

--------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HELLO, EVERYONE, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'M DOING ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.  
THIS IS JUST THE FIRST CHAPTER AND I PROMISE YOU IT GETS BETTER. AND I'M NOT ONE TO BREAK PROMISES.

I'LL KEEP UPDATING THE STORY ON A WEEKLY BASIS. I WOULD POST ON A DAILY BASIS BUT I HAVE TOO MANY OF THOSE DAYS WHEN EVERYTHING GOES TO SHIT AND YOU CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE.

HAVE FUN. AND DON'T FORGET TO LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, FOLLOW FOR UPDATES!