Chapter 43: Half Confessions

Wilder

When I scored the final point, everyone from the stands came onto the ground and started chanting. The coach hugged me and then the crowd picked everyone in the team up in the air.

Engulfed by the crowd of overjoyed players, cheerleaders and students. The energy running high, people kissed and confessed. I looked around me then the stands, there was no sign of Kea. I was being thrown in the air when I caught sight of her walking towards the locker room.

She was leaving? Was she serious?

I got the overenthusiastic crowd to bring me down and made my way to her. Leaving the screaming mass behind.

When we were in the hall leading to the locker room I called out from behind her, "You should have run." 

She stopped, I ran up to her and she turned, "Why aren't you celebrating? We won because of you! You're the school hero."

Once I was in breathing distance of her I guess she saw my bloodshot eyes because she asked, "What's wrong?"

I spoke breathlessly broken, "You won't get it."

"Tell me anyway." She smiled.

"The only person I wanted to run to after the winning point was you. In that moment the only one my mind focused on was you. The only person I wanted to blow a kiss at or actually kiss was you but I knew I couldn't. You know winning is great but the victory doesn't feel like one unless you're celebrating it with the one you really want too. But you're too blind to see that Kea... I told you to wait for me on the bench, yet here you are leaving."

She put her hand on my cheek, with tears in her eyes and what happened next was probably because of it.

I pulled her by her neck and kissed her, long and hard just like the very first time in her bedroom.

But this time it was more frenzied, like I was marking her. 

She responded instantly, her arm around my neck, grabbing my hair, pulling at my jersey. I picked her up as she wrapped her legs around me. I pushed her into the cold wall behind as she bit my neck.

Unaware of our surroundings I ripped at her top, nipping and biting in all the places I knew she loved because her moans grew louder with each tug. Unable to stop myself I pushed myself further against her, revelling in the feel of my body pushed against her.

Someone ran past us and I covered Kea instinctively, breaking our trance.  

I backed away for a second as she got her feet to the ground, unable to take her own weight, she leaned on the wall behind her and stared at me. I drank her bare appearance in, she was indeed the most exquisite thing on the planet.

I knew we should have spoken first. I should have told her about reading her diary but my eyes landed on her top, lying on the floor next to her feet, torn from the middle and it only took me seconds to kiss her again and for her to climb into my arms.

Who needed words anyway, when we could do this instead.

I carried her to the locker room where I lay her down on the bench and took my jersey off.

Our breathing was jagged, out of breath.

I ripped myself from her when I heard footsteps coming, I immediately covered her with my letterman jacket from my duffle bag on the floor. Annoyed at whoever was coming but happy that the feeling of impending doom about the uncertainty of when I would get to kiss her again wasn't there.

It would be soon.

because I was done being fooled.

She smiled at me as she removed the jacket and held it high in front of her tracing the words embroidered with her eyes before wearing it. It was my name and my jersey no. 3.

And when Kea put it on I knew that the sight of her in my jacket would haunt me forever.

I squished her face, "Goddammit, I love you!" I whispered without processing it.

She just stared at me wide-eyed, clearly not believing me.

I didn't try cover it up, I didn't want too.

"Well, I guess it's no secret. But I'm sorry if it complicates things." I planted a gentle kiss on her lips.

When I pulled away I could see she was in deep thought but that cleared when she looked up at me. "This makes things a lot easier actually."

She moved away from me and sat on the bench we were making out on just a few minutes ago "I have to tell you something."

I bent down in front of her, "Anything"

She looked away, I moved my hand over her cheek, "Talk to me."

"Can you please put on a shirt I can't concentrate with you like this."

A deep-throated laugh ripped through me as I put on one of my casual t-shirts from my locker and bent in front of her once again.

"Damian isn't really my boyfriend." She looked at me painfully, waiting for my reaction that never came. 

"I know." I smiled.

"What?" She stood up in disbelief.

"I know about the blackmailing."

"How?" She looked up at me, her confusion only growing.

"I only found out recently but I promise I'm gonna do something about it."

She shook her head, refusing my offer. What she didn't get was, it wasn't an offer. I was gonna do it whether she agreed to it or not.

"Do you know what he's blackmailing me with?" I could hear the fear in her voice.

Which scared me, dreading the only thing I still wasn't aware of, "No."

She took a deep breath in, "Then he still has something on me and unless I tell you. He always will."

"Then just tell me, let this be over. If not telling me- is all thats keeping you from being with me, I don't care what it is, I can take it." I pleaded but I knew she wasn't going to tell me this easy if she had gone to such lengths to keep it hidden from me.

She looked at me with tears pooling in her beautiful eyes, "I wish I could tell you but if I did, it's going to destroy you and I never want that." She said caressing my face, "Just leave this alone okay? Please. Promise me you'll leave it alone." She kissed me as tears trailed her face and wet my cheek before walking away. 

Couldn't she see, what she was doing right now was what was destroying me!

I didn't stop her or run after her. She didn't want me to know and that was okay. If she wanted to sacrifice herself like this just to keep a secret, I had a different way to go about things.

I found my phone and called my guy in New York, "Remember I had told you to find dirt on a guy called Damian, how soon can you send it over here?"

.-.-.

Author's Note:

"From childhood's hour, I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone." 
― Edgar Allan Poe