Chapter 52: Sweep and weep em in rows

Wilder

I had spent the night with Kea and Colin in my room while the party raged on below.

We watched some old shows and they filled me up on everything I had missed while I had been away.

Colin took over another publishing house expanding to Chicago.

He was now officially dating Dana and they were going strong.

He was happy and it showed.

He was also helping Dana transfer from her college. Knowing Colin he would probably get her into an ivy league.

Kea had been getting her things at school together along with studying for the S.A.T's, she was figuring out what to do about college. She was going to take a year out and travel, which gave me promising ideas for our future. She wanted to eventually study literature.

They told me prom was in a couple of days so Colin was taking Dana and Kea was gonna go to New York to see her mom, who was speaking at a university here.

Which was nice but I was disappointed she was gonna miss prom. She was gonna have only one.

After talking some more we played board games and drank and drank till we all passed out.

It was the perfect night.

..

The next morning, however; Not so much.

Kea, Colin and I stood in the middle of our trashed lawn.

Was that a casket in the pool?  I didn't even wanna know anymore. The sun was burning my eyes, the weather too hot for my hungover mood, which was funny cause it was winters.

Music still played in the background somewhere, though it wasn't as loud anymore. I looked around a little more trying to figure out where the sound was coming from but all I saw was the yellow and white striped pool umbrella's half-burnt to ashes, the parts that weren't completely burnt covered the food and booze laden tables.

There were bottles of alcohol strewn around everywhere. People were lying in ribbons, there was a guy lying on one of the pool loungers with a panda head.

"Where the hell is that music coming from?" I spoke; fried.

"Who the fuck cares." Colin turned on the hose.

"It'll be quiet soon." Kea grinned as she sprayed water over all the people passed out on the grass, pool chairs, loungers, ground and one very peculiar person on the tree.

As I spoke over the huge microphone I had called for, "The party is over, get off my Mothers lawn!"

Most screamed, some moaned and muttered although they eventually started getting up like zombies finding their way out.

The music finally stopped.

Mathew got us coffee, Kea made me wear shades and gave one to Colin.

What an absolute Goddess.

I gave her a peck on the cheek as we sat on the steps.

While the cleaning crew I had called earlier in the morning, came in and did their job.

Mathews showed our unwelcome guests; the door.

Mrs Hilda traumatised by how her birthday had ended up, put clothes on the unclothed ones as they left.

There was no sign of Nathan and I was kinda glad.

After everyone had left and the house was clean, Colin flirted with Hilda in the kitchen as she made him some of her famous Cinnamon waffles with whipped cream and blueberries.