Chapter 10: Dinner with the Devil

I took my phone out once again, checking it, staring at the screen waiting.

Where the hell was Kea?

This was our first date and she was already blowing me off.

Just ... fucking... great.

The most unattainable girl in the universe.

And I was planning to make her fall for me.

She had been reserved about going out with me. 

Okay, maybe reserved was an understatement, she just downright ignored me sometimes.

But then she ignored everybody so when I got a silver of emotion from her, I had asked her out, on the field when we walked back and I think she was a little overwhelmed by the nature of that day to quite comprehend what was happening when she gave me a nod.

A patent Kea nod.

She had agreed to go out with me tonight or so I thought cause I'd been waiting outside this fancy place I had made reservations at and we were supposed to be at our table half an hour ago.

I had offered to pick her up but nooooo she had stressed on meeting me here and now I got why.

She wasn't coming.

I was in a fucking suit.

I was wearing a goddamn tie, to be stood up.

Fucking hell.

I kicked a stone nearby and leaned on the Harley, someone kicked it back at me but I didn't look up, too caught up in my own head. 

Then a rock hit me and I just knew.

I looked up and there she was in her army boots, faded grey jeans, a military green torn apart top and leather Jacket.

If you read about her name you would know it meant a woman who ate babies and most times you would believe Kea to be her actual reincarnation.

But she looked beautiful, her ashen hair and brown eyes.

No one ever talks about how beautiful brown eyes are and yet I found myself staring at her unintentionally until I caught and corrected myself.

"You're late." I smiled gratefully, thanking god.

My ego just couldn't take another hit when it came to this girl, she already kept me on edge.

"You're wearing a suit." She smirked kicking the same stone a little farther.

"uh, yeah this place has a dress code." I was trying to boost but it ended up sounding more like a wail.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

"What do you want Reyes?"

"I thought I made it clear when I asked you, but since you always do your best to ignore me, only for you I'll say it again. You, me, dinner." I tried to sound casual.

Yeah, I can do this. Cool and calm.

I waited for her to roll her eyes, react, say anything. But as always she gave nothing away. The emotions in her eyes hid behind a cloud that never really cleared.

"You're already here now, what do we have to lose anyway.

I had whispered that to her before kissing her in school. 

With tiny reminders like that I was hoping to draw out the side of her that not many people got to see.

She looked at me, giving me a once over and something in her eyes twinkled, "We could have gone anywhere.. why this...." She waved her hand around trying to gesture it towards the big bright board and the valet and the huge gate leading inside the fine dining restaurant "this pretentious, overpriced uncomfortably crowded crap."