Chapter 9: Monday blues just got real

Wilder

This was the third time I was seeing it. It was the student newspapers headline, with a picture of Kea and me kissing on the front page. Pixilated, coloured mess stretched out for the entire school to see.

"KISS OR GET KILLED?"

I was standing in the parking lot, waiting, my body- tense

I was standing in the parking lot, waiting, my body- tense. Kea was late and for my sake, I was praying to God she wouldn't come.

She was gonna lose her shit when she saw this. Which would be hard to miss since it was everywhere within a five-mile radius.

Everyone was talking about it, most of the people at the party had witnessed it. Fifteen guys from both my teams had high five'd me on it. It was like I had conquered the unconquerable which was kind of true since we were talking about a kiss with the Devil herself.

But the thing was she didn't even remember it.
It was hard to believe because it had been one hell of a kiss but she just didn't. I was disappointed, to say the least. But in her defence she was pretty out of it. 

The kiss had taken me by surprise when it had happened but I would be lying if I said I hadn't wanted to do that since the last time we had kissed. 

And it had killed me that she had no memory of something that had almost wreaked me.

I had decided when I realised, she had no idea what had gone down at the party that I wouldn't tell her, it would just complicate the whole situation further.

But now I didn't seem to have a lot of options. She was gonna find out sooner or later. But I wanted to tell her, I wanted her to find out through me instead of her finding out about it through this larger than life picture that was stuck on every windshield in this place.

FUCK!

I waited for her in the parking lot near her usual spot for forty five minutes after school had started and the first period was over. I finally relaxed with the knowledge that she wasn't coming.

I decided I would go to her house after school and tell her about it then.

Satisfied with the entire arrangement in my head I walked into school and to my second class, which was with Kea. And her empty seat made me sit back in mine, a little relieved.

When the Gods decided they weren't done fucking with me yet.

Cause the classroom doors burst open as a very pissed Kea walked in. She now stood in front of the entire class, with the crumbled school paper in her hand, her knuckles pale from crushing the paper.

The entire class broke went silent, no one really making eye contact with the girl that had her eyes on me, not breaking her gaze she walked up to my desk and pulled me by my collar the way she had in the party before she had kissed me though this time her actions were everything but gentle. She pulled me out of the class and I went along with her knowing I couldn't fight this- I should have waited longer.