Chapter 3: Made Of Stone

Wilder

I walked towards her when she ignored me. I knew she had seen me because she looked taken aback. 

But when I got closer I could see the fire behind her big brown eyes even though she quickly masked it, pulling up that wall she liked so much.

And who was I to condemn walls anyway?

Lord knew I had a whole fort of my own.

But somehow she was already climbing mine.

She was next to her car, a beautiful raven black 1969 ford Mustang convertible, in brilliant condition. 

She really loved this car- it showed. Not a scratch, just like my baby.

"If you're done mentally undressing my car, could you get out of the way?" She spoke from the driver's seat, "She's even better from the back."

I couldn't help but smirk, I bent down both my arms stretched out, hands supported by the panel on the door with the windows rolled down. We were inches away, I looked at her side profile while she looked ahead. 

Damn, she was really something, she had that old world grasp, simple never over the top, yet feisty.

"How can you be sure that I was undressing the car?"

I was finally growing a pair around her, the note had done me some good.

But maybe this was a little too gutsy.

She turned to me, expression- indifferent.

This is it- she's gonna rip my guts out for having too many.

"You're not as charming as you think, Wilder. I don't swoon."

She took off with my hands still on her car, I pulled away just in time as she drive out of the parking lot.

Well, personally the fact that I was still alive and breathing, with all my vital organs intact and nothing broken, I'd say that went rather well. 

Considering her interaction with humans in general.

Ah, fuck I forgot to talk to her about the main reason I was waiting here. 

The pouch in her pocket.

If I didn't confront her now, she would probably ignore whatever I would ask about it later.

I'd have to catch her before she got home. 

I knew where she lived - not cause I'd followed her.... thank god I didn't have too...I wouldn't have either.

Goddammit.

She lived four houses from me.

That's how I knew, all right?

I saw her drive by once and all I had to do was look down the street.

I got on my baby and caught up to her in no time, even though she drove like she was in a race with herself apparently. 

I was faster, more experienced and the Harley could cut through traffic like a Katana.

This town wasn't that big, so there were only a few places there was traffic- rest were just long winding roads with forest covering most parts.

I honked a few times from beside her but she just outright ignored me. I even waved at her and almost rammed into another car trying to overtake her, which finally got her to stop, in a more deserted side of the road.