Chapter 8: Mean Vanilla Milkshakes

Wilder

"I'm going to die. This is it." She was speaking to herself. After the night she'd had I knew the hangover would be killing her. I'd had my fair share of horrible hangovers.

However she hadn't opened her eyes yet so she probably didn't realise where she was.

In my house, on my bed.

It had been quite a night, I couldn't sleep much, knowing Kea was only a few feet away plus the sofa was uncomfortable as fuck.

"So I'm guessing you're not a morning person?" I spoke from my makeshift bed. 

She jerked upright, her eyes wide now, staring at me. as confusion spread across her features, slowly realisation took over and then confusion again. She pat her upper body and looked under her covers to see if she was clothed. 

Too afraid to move her eyes around, her face was pale.

"Hey, hey" I walked over to her and held her face in an attempt to bring her back before she really began spiralling. She looked terrified.

"Nothing happened. Now breathe." I said handing her a bottle of water and aspirin.

She looked so dazed. 

I'm here I wanted to add, I wanted to hug her, comfort her. Do something.

But before I could act upon my thoughts.

She glared at me, "If nothing happened then.. where is my bra?"

"Oh, that." I moved away rubbing the back of my neck "You took it off and waved it around while jumping on my bed. You didn't even have to take your top off. You're a woman of many talents." I laughed sheepishly.

She punched me in the arm before taking the water and gulping down the medicine.

My thoughts were quieter than usual today, I didn't feel the need to filter that much out with her this time I guess. I liked that I didn't have to constantly think before saying things.

She threw the bottle at my face and it hit me before I could catch it or duck. "What the fuck was that for?"

Okay maybe I did need to filter shit a little.

"Sit down!" She commanded pointing to the sofa in front.

I obeyed I could see she wasn't in the mood for witticism.

She dropped her face in her hands and spoke: "So let's start with all the things I can't put together."

I bit my lower lip, "There is nothing to put together really. You got hammered and I got you to my place, not knowing the situation at your house."

I wasn't going to tell her the truth. We had only just started, I'd only just come to understand the intensity of what i felt for her. I didn't wanna die without fully experiencing what being with the wild child felt like. 

I meant romantically.

"Wait if you got me here where did you leave Vixen?"

"Vixen?" I arched a brow.

"Where's my car?"

"Of course, your mustang has a name." I smirked smugly.

"Wilder, where the fuck is my car?" She asked again, ignoring my growing amusement.

I laughed lying back in a way that my legs hung from the arm of the couch. "Vixen! Hmm, it makes sense you know, she has her moods, just like you."

She just pushed her face in the pillow and ranted to neither one of us, something on the lines of... "I had to get drunk, I had to! What .... fuck is.... with me. Why...!?"