Chapter 23: Like The Last Hangover Movie

Wilder

I walked down the porch as Lucas watched me from one side and Colin from the other.

As I reached the car, Colin got out and looked past me at Lucas, "Hey, I know that guy, he was at the party that night."

"You've got to be shitting me." I looked at Colin baffled.

Exactly how many things had happened that night that I didn't know about?

This party was starting to feel more and more like the last hangover movie. 

And I seriously needed someone to fill in the blanks.

"Come on, I'll tell you over drinks. You look like you could use one or maybe ten after the last twenty four hours you've had." He gave me a pat on the back and sat in the driver's seat as I walked to the other side.

We were quiet in the car, I still hadn't seen Kea and I knew Colin could tell I was restless that I didn't get to.

'You really need to think about whether her seeing you right now would help her or you.'

Lucas was right I did need to think about it.
And so even though every muscle in my body wanted to go back and be with her I knew I needed to give her space and think about what Lucas had said- the bastard had chosen this moment to be the wise owl. 

We walked into the only place that was open this late in this town. It was an old bar just outside of town, with old wooden benches and booths. They brewed their own beer and everything. The bar had been a family business for generations. The owners' father was a good friend of my grandfather and because the owner Mr Rand, knew my father, he let me drink.

Yup, they all knew what an ass my father was. this guy more than others... They used to be friends once.

"Jesus, what the hell happened to you?" Mr Rand spoke from behind the bar once he saw me as he walked over to us.

He was in his late forties, greyish black hair, short and fit. He had kind features and a good heart. He let me come in and talk or drink whenever he saw I wasn't okay. Even called now and then to check up on me.

"And you are?" He looked at Colin.

"Colin Davis, sir!" 

"I see he's not from around here." Laughing he pat Colin in the back.

We all walked to the bar and sat on the stools facing the fully stocked shelves of alcohol, Rand went behind the counter and poured us a drink each.

I looked at the glass then my hands, trying to figure out how I was gonna do this.

"I'll get you a straw for your whiskey princess." Rand bent behind the counter and came up with a pink striped straw.

Colin chuckled as Rand put the straw in my glass. 

My jaw hurt as I sneered at him. 

"ha ha very funny." I sucked on the straw. 

Whiskey was still whiskey even through a pink straw. It still burnt and it burnt good.

Rand spoke to us for a while, asking about my hands, when I told him all that had happened he gave me a pat on the back telling me I did the right thing and that he was proud. Then he said Goodnight handing over the reins to his trusted bartender.

The bartender was a few years older than us. In the past few months, I had come here at night for some company cause the house got lonely at times to read, have a drink, a few times to get really drunk. I got to know the guy a little. His name was Tyler, he lived near the bar, worked three jobs to make ends meet for his little brother and mother after his father walked out on them.