Chapter 30: New Rules.

Colin

Five weeks ago René had come home with his face bashed in and hands bleeding, he had walked in and was on the ground minutes later.

ONE AND A HALF MONTH AGO.

I rushed René to the ER, we were back at the same hospital for the second time in seventy two hours.

René had managed to get his nose broken along with severe cuts on his face and knuckles. I had no clue how or what had caused this and I was infuriated.

René lay unconscious unable to tell me who the fuck had done this to him and with only the other alternative, I drove to Kea's house to get some answers with murder on my mind.

I banged on the door.

There was a black convertible parked in the driveway that I didn't think belonged to anyone in the house.

I ignored it and approached the front door, I knocked a couple of times when Damian opened the door with an ice pack tied to his right shoulder and a swollen right eye that he could barely open.

Yeah, I knew the bastard, knew all about him and Kea. Their entire dating history but what I didn't know was that he was planning on being her present and future.

I walked in and sat on the couch; gesturing Kea and the son of a bitch to sit the fuck down.

They both listened for some reason, even though Damian didn't look like he wanted too.

I had been informed that Damian had gotten Kea pregnant. 

Apparently after New York, after the night with Reyes, she had decided to rekindle things with her old boyfriend and when they found out about the pregnancy Damian took care of it. He had made sure everything was a secret and nobody knew about it.

But I had my sources.
I hadn't told René because I mean come on.

It wasn't like the guy hadn't been caught up in Kea's drama ever since he came.

He looked like a car that flew off the bridge at full speed.

I didn't have the heart to tell him back then when I found out and now that Damian was back and the way they had met was a sure sign that if René found out about it, he would kill Damian.

I sat on the couch looking at Kea, just her. Ignoring Damian completely.

"Him really?" I asked, laughing dryly.

I could sense him growl but he stayed put and I kept my eyes on Kea as her features went dark, her posture getting more guarded as she raised her head "Yes. Him."

She looked at me, straight at me. Not a speck of doubt.

"So you're sure 'DAMIAN'" I said the fuckers name loud and clear so there wasn't any confusion, "is who you want to be with?" I meant it as an insult but my tone was concerned, pleading, I was trying to reach her humane side, hoping she would reconsider my best friends chances.

My bleeding, broken brother that lay oblivious in his hospital bed because of her.

Damian barked from the side, "How the fuck do you know who I am?"

I ignored him.

While Kea had completely shut down, there was nothing human about the girl that sat cross-legged in front of me, next to the guy that had become my greatest enemy.

"Yes, I'm sure."

I bent forward, my elbows rested on my thighs, my hands clasped in front of me as I exhaled, "I don't want either of you to ever have anything to do with Reyes, ever again. Leave him the fuck alone." I was speaking to Kea.

That made her lose colour like she hadn't expected me to say that or be so curt about it.

She was even more naive than she had seemed when Damian had opened the door.

This Kea, the one that I was speaking too was nothing like the girl I met in New York, this one was a puppet, no life left in her.

Damian moved closer to Kea and held her by the waist a little more aggressively than the situation needed him to be.

Kea simply nodded, even though tears pooled in her eyes, they didn't fall.

I wasn't there to feel sorry for her, she did this to herself, she chose this and God knows I gave her a way out.

I nodded laughing humourlessly; ironically, Kea had managed to trap the biggest player in New York and break him so thoroughly, I didn't know how to fix him.

Then I directed my attention to Damian and he seemed more than eager to have a little chat. Kea sat quietly beside him.

"How do you know me?" Damian asked.

"That's not important." I waved my hand around like his existence meant nothing.

To be honest his existence DID mean nothing.

"The reason I'm even speaking to you is because I want to make a deal. I'll make sure Reyes never speaks to Kea again, in exchange you keep the whole Kea aborting your baby thing to yourself."

Damian looked at me weird for a minute, then he glanced at Kea for an all too quick second and cleared his throat laughing, "Done."

That laugh was like someone had just screeched their nails on a blackboard for me.

It ticked me off.

"Damian" I moved closer, "If Reyes ever finds out about this, I will bring hell down on you. Trust me, I'm from New York, when I threaten you I. will. follow. through."

With that, I left. I didn't look at Kea once before walking out because it honestly didn't matter anymore.

It was all over.

And now I had to salvage what was left of Reyes.

______________________

AUTHOR'S Note :

I'm sorry if there are any spelling mistakes or grammatical error.

I'm in a place where I get plenty of time to write but no wifi to publish it. 

I hope to get wifi soon and will post the next few chapters then. Thank you so much for being so damn patient with me.