Chapter 5: Walking Away

A few hours later, I found myself standing in front of Kea's house, pissed. She was home, her car parked in the driveway, confirmed it. I knocked twice, and no one had answered yet. I was about leave when I heard a shuffle of footsteps behind the door which made me stop.

The door opened ever so slightly with Kea leaning against the frame. 

She eyed me - indifferent again like every other time except yesterday when my mouth was on hers.. well almost. 

But she did open up the door a little further. 

She was in her home clothes; wearing cotton shorts with a loose ragged t-shirt. Her hair were tied in a messy heap on top of her head. I don't know what i had imagined she would be wearing on a weekend at home but it definitely wasn't this. 

It was stark contrast from how she usually was. Here she looked so.. adorable?

Before I could further examine her face, someone else appeared from behind her. It was the same bastard who I'd seen her with at school.

What the fuck was he doing in her house?

Who invites drug dealers inside their homes anyway?

I was already irritated about the laced pot and now this jackass was here. Well, maybe in a way it was a good thing, I could direct my anger at him instead of Kea. After all, he was the one who gave her the stuff.

He was the one who had laced it. 

The fucktard and I, had a bit of a stare down. He kept giving me a crooked smile like he had been places I could only dream about. 

And I didn't like that, not that I wanted to go places with Kea but I didn't like that he had or that he wanted too.

He looked away before walking up, next to Kea and sliding his hand around her waist.

I laughed sadistically at that.

Kea simply wiggled his hand away like she didn't wanna be touched or even be stood so close too.

He shouldn't have touched her, he was going to get his ass kicked because of that.

I moved forward determined to eliminate the seriously unnecessary toxic waste of a human but Kea stopped me and I did. 

Getting further frustrated.

Right, I got it, it wasn't my place to act or react, fine.

And the Asshole retreated onto the Kitchen counter smugly, eating something.

Did he fucking live here?

She turned to me and opened the door wider, I unclenched my fists- I hadn't even realised. 

But when he had touched her- my knuckles had turned white. 

I finally opened my palms and rubbed my hands together.

I walked into her house, it looked like a comfy place, but I was too preoccupied by the guy on the counter to actually look around.

I just checked for any white furniture that might get dirty if I decided to kill him.

Nope, nothing white, awesome!

I turned to Kea who was looking at me expectantly, for the pouch not for the kiss. 

I had to catch myself as I was about to move forward and give her a peck just to piss the fucker off.

"What's he doing here?" it came out harsher than I'd intended.