Chapter 27: Possibilities

Wilder

We walked into the house without a word. Kea's phone buzzed in my pocket, I gave it to her; it was Lucas.

She spoke without making eye contact with me, telling him she was okay and back home, asking him if he was safe.

He must have been since he was calling her.
They hung up after a few murmurs.

"So how about some coffee?" Colin spoke holding up the pot of coffee directing the question at Kea.

"And maybe some warm clothes?" I asked her softly.

She looked up gradually meeting me halfway and nodded.

This was the most vulnerable I had ever seen Kea.
She was almost like a scared little child.

What was she afraid of?

Me?

Dammit, I didn't want her to be afraid of me.

I liked it better when I was afraid of her.

She wasn't herself, her body was here but her mind was somewhere far away.

I took her by the hand and walked up the stairs, whatever I made her do, she did. No complaints, no demands.

It was scaring me.

I took her to my room and brought out a t-shirt and shorts.

I handed the clothes to her but instead, she just stared at them then me, almost confused about what to do.

I took the t-shirt and closed my eyes, I slowly removed the robe.

I could feel her skin, her soft skin that was radiating heat at the moment. The silk sliding down her body, caressing her curves...

"Fuck it" I opened my eyes and went straight for her lips, I held her by her bare waist with one hand and the other just barely grabbed anything; I held her hair.

I was sure the blood from my wound would be all over her, that her body would soon be covered in my blood almost as if I had marked her, made her mine.

She kissed me back, even though her eyes were open wide in shock, I could still see her coming back.

The spark.

Maybe I was right, maybe this was the way to bring her back.

And with that thought, I deepened my kiss.

..

Faye

I had thought of a million things regarding Reyes; now René. 

How I wouldn't fall into his traps. His sugary smile, his words.

Not again.

Never again.

But when I saw him near the pool walking over to us with Colin, I was taken by surprise. The reason I was here was to get away from him. I didn't want to see him or speak to him.

Yet when he came closer, my heart fluttered at the sight, his eyes were pained as though he was holding back a wave of emotions. His hair a tousled like he'd been moving his fingers through them all day, it looked like he hadn't put a lot of thought into or even cared much about how he looked. But he didn't have to because even without trying he was the most attractive guy here. But his eyes were tired.

I avoided any form of contact but I could feel his gaze burn into me.

I could feel his eyes on everything I did. Even without looking, I knew.