Chapter 2: Skilful Stalking

Wilder

I watched Kea as she stood behind a tree just outside the football field, there was still a little time before the team came to practice and the coach had sent word that he wanted to see me before the boys came, something about trying out for the team.

I was gonna wait near the bleachers but when I saw Kea lurking in the shadows I got curious.

Which pretty much explained why I was now standing behind another tree just a few meters away from her.

This stupid obsession had got to stop, I told myself as I took another peek.

Someone came to see her, a guy. Tall.

ha, I was taller.

I could take him out.

I was thinking like a borderline psychopath now, great!

He was wearing an overcoat and looked a few years older.

Well dressed, decent, with a smug look - I didn't quite like.

and I pushed down this sudden urge to punch him.

He took out a small pouch and Kea quickly kept it in her back pocket, checking her surroundings.

The fuck was she into?

The guy then went on to say something to which she simply shrugged. He tried to lean forward but she walked away like he hadn't just tried to make a move on her.

He screamed as the distance between them grew, "I'll see you later sweetheart." with that smug look. 

Sweetheart? Why wasn't she beating the fuck out of him right now?

She just showed him the finger before disappearing into the building.

Yesterday I had said pretty and she had visibly cringed but mister college boy slash possible drug dealer called her his sweetheart and was still breathing.

fan-fucking-tastic

Fine, maybe flipping him off might have been the perfect way to react but it still didn't satisfy my urge to want to find the guy and gut him.

hmm, who knows, maybe I was a psychopath all long- it just took this particular girl for me to find the dark side.

I walked to the bleachers, my body rather rigid.

"So tell me, Wilder.." 

I almost jumped when i heard Kea's voice. 

She walked out from under the bleacher, "..do you hide behind trees for everybody or am I just a lucky, lucky girl?"

I would have made a run for it but I was worried she was carrying her archery equipment with her and the last thing I wanted before making any progress with her, was to have to explain to her why my own blood from her arrow in my leg, made me throw up.

It's not that blood made me faint I was absolutely fine with blood - it coming out from my own body just made me uneasy, that's all and I wasn't ready for her to find that tiny detail out just yet.

I finally turned, giving her my best smile that would make any girl blush by now but she gave nothing away.

Her lips in a straight line as she stood cross-armed in front of me.

Well, she didn't look that pissed.

But then again I hadn't spoken yet, had I..

"You're cute when you're angry."