Chapter 45: Masks off

Wilder

Colin was dancing with Dana (his date) and they looked happy together. I wasn't planning on dancing but November Rain by Guns and Roses played and my eyes landed on Kea. She was standing on the side of the dance floor with no Damian is sight and so I changed my mind.

I walked in from behind, grabbed her hand and continued walking, I only turned once we were in the middle of the dance floor, gently placing my hand on her waist, pulling her towards me.

"Reyes, why?" She asked, but she knew it was vain. 

Her resolve was running low and I knew it.

"Because I don't want a legendary song to go to waste." I arched an eyebrow.

She listened to the song like she hadn't noticed the music playing, then looked up at me, "It is a pretty great song." She put her head on my chest and relaxed into my arms. 

We said nothing, just danced peacefully, embracing each other.

We remained like that till the end of the second song which was also great but I wasn't paying much attention, Kea was in my arms.

But then I saw Colin signal at me from across the room, I knew it was time. 

I walked Kea outside, near the front lawn, she didn't seem to mind but she kept looking behind her.

Her fear made me angry, but all that was going to end soon.

"Kea."

"Yes." She said still looking behind her.

"You know I love you right." I caressed her cheek, turning her face towards me.

When she heard me she didn't look away, she just smiled, "and since you have my diary I'm guessing you know I feel the same way."

"You know about that?"

I was not expecting that.

"I went to the spot I hid it before the dance and when I didn't find it there, I figured you took it."

"Are you mad?"

"Na you needed answers." She smiled sincerely, "Besides I would've done the same...."

"You just don't listen do you?" Damian spoke from behind Kea and his gaze tug into her and her alone and I just about lost it.

"It's over Damian." I spoke taking Kea's hand as she looked at both of us, then just me, her expression troubled.

"It'll be over when I say it is." He moved forward and pulled Kea but I didn't let go, he smirked, "You can have her once I'm done but I doubt you'd want her then..." He laughed, "..from what I've heard you don't go back for seconds."

Before I could hit the bastard, Kea punched him in the nose.

There's the Kea I remember.

Then I had a go at the already bleeding motherfucker. I all but killed him before dragging him to the side, "You know I was gonna let you go with a warning but I realised I was being too nice. I know what you've been doing and it stops now."

"Reyes just leave him alone. Let's go." Kea pleaded.

Damian sat up, resting on the stone wall behind him and talked despite his bloody jaw and disfigured nose, "I'm guessing you haven't told him." He was talking to Kea again.

At that moment there was so much dread in Kea's eyes I had to come between them to break Damian's spell on her.

I stood in front of her, "I don't care what it is. Nothing can keep me away from you, Kea. Just tell me what it is, I'd rather hear it from you than him." I said pleading just how she had, as I held her face and caressed her cheek with my thumb, hoping to calm her and get her to focus on me and not what had got her so scared.

"Reyes ...."

"She was pregnant." Damian spoke from behind me and this time I couldn't ignore him, I turned to him, my hands falling away from Kea.

I knew the asshole just wanted to have the last word and ruin things but what he said- if it was true...

It couldn't be.

I looked at him wide-eyed, trying to make sense of it.

"Damian stop." Kea cried but for the first time, I couldn't get myself to do anything about it.

I couldn't because I needed to know if Damian was speaking the truth.

"What? You would've told him by now if you wanted him to know." He looked comically at Kea then me, spitting blood.

Lucas who knew about our plan walked into the situation with Colin.

I was glad they were late because for the first time I wanted Damian to speak.

Laughing once again he went on, "Kea got your baby aborted, but the best part is that she chose to ask for help from a complete stranger to do it instead of just calling you." Saying this he spat again. Splattering blood on the floor as he continued to laugh his sadistically mocking laugh.

But he had managed to have the last word.

Despite all the evidence I had against him, he had managed to destroy me.

Colin came in front of me and shook me.

He was pale; paler than usual. His face was remorseful and I knew something was wrong. He bent next to me as I looked at him, I hadn't even realised I was sitting. 

He whispered, "I wanted to tell you, but I thought you should hear it from Kea. I never thought that this is how it would come out."

"You knew?" I laughed, nodding, "Of course you did." Still dazed but starting to notice how strange everything was, it hit me. "Lucas knew too, didn't he?"

He nodded.

I turned to Kea as I laughed again cynically, "Well. Now that I know the truth. You don't have to fake it with him anymore. You are free Kea." I took my mask off, then hers', then I got really close to her and whispered, "You know the most brilliant thing about this, no one can see the real mask you're wearing." I realised my voice was shaking but I didn't care.

I never wanted to see their faces again.

I left.

I dropped the package Mark had given me at the Head of Police's house, it had enough evidence to send Damian to Jail for a very long time.

Then I got my bike and left the town, the house, the best friend and the girl behind.

I didn't stop until I was in New York, under my father's building. 

.-.-.

Author's Note:

And here it is my lovelies, the chapter a lot of you have been waiting for a while now. I hope you like it, let me know by commenting, voting, sharing, following.

Reyes- Why is it that every time things are getting better for me, you just make them worse? I mean why?

Nomads.vj- So you would rather not find out about the pregnancy and have Kea be blackmailed?

Reyes- Well, now that you say it like that, I have nothing left to say. Go ahead, fuck me full. 

Nomads.vj- stop being so dramatic.