Chapter 40: Think happy thoughts. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS.

Wilder

After Colin left me in my room to sleep, I still felt anxious and when he came back he found me pacing my room. He got me some food and soda. And when he suggested it, I told him I didn't wanna sleep but then blacked out right after that. 

I guess the exhaustion of wreaking my room and not getting proper sleep eventually got to me.

Now, it was 8 am and I had no idea how I had managed to sleep this much. The big game was today and I didn't have much to do since the reporting time was 4pm.

I looked around at the havoc I had managed to summon up last night, trying not to think about what had brought out such violence. 

I ignored the mess and walked down to the sitting room where Colin was splayed on the couch watching some rerun of some old show. He got up and saw me, as he kept a plate of his half-eaten sandwich on the kitchen counter, "Want one?"

"Yeah, also what happened last night?"

"uh... You went full hulk on all the furniture in your room so I mixed two Xanax pills in your soda."

"Sounds about right." I nodded, making us some coffee.

I wasn't surprised. Every time I went crazy Colin calmed me and I never questioned how he did it. 

He made me a sandwich and asked me the time the game would start and some other things. 

He never asked me what caused me to go crazy, he waited for me to tell me and I loved him for it. 

I spoke to him some more, ate- then walked up to my room. I had a diary to read and Colin said something about going out to get either clothes or totes. I wasn't really paying attention.

The anxiety was too much to bare.

I sat on my bed staring at the cover of her diary. 

Scared of the unknown. 

I couldn't get my mind off what Damian had done.

And moreover why Kea was still with the bastard after she knew what she knew.

It was frustrating trying to wrap my head around the whole thing and I was beginning to lose patience.

Which had never worked out well for me in the past.

I picked up my phone and called a guy I knew in New York.

"Mark, Yeah hey listen man, I needed some info on a guy here. His name is Damian Tasser. Get me everything you can on him."

I hung up feeling a little more in control of my life.

Then I saw the diary and felt the little control I had just gained, slip away.

I clutched onto it nervously. Then slowly turned to the page where I had stopped yesterday.
I had to know, no matter how ugly it got, I had to know why.

Why Kea wasn't with me.

--

Back to the party.

I went with the intention of only staying for a while but then I saw Reyes.

Is it weird that I just called him Reyes?

I knew he had followed me to Lucas's room. He looked worried when he entered and I kinda liked thinking - he was so bothered because of me.

He was asking me things when we sat on the bed together but all I kept thinking about- were his lips- his beautiful face and those carnal hands.