Chapter 15: The forgotten dream

Wilder

I woke up feeling a little groggy but this time Kea was next to me, fast asleep. She was snoring softly, the kind you do when you're worn out.

Her hair were splayed on my shoulder and pillow, her face too pale and my mind still couldn't think of anything prettier than her.

I couldn't help but admire her for how strong she was, how she was the one who'd been through hell today, yet here she was- taking care of me.

Why did the sight of my blood have to make me faint? 

It was such an affliction.

I felt like a burden but self-pity was the last thing I wanted to dwell into.

So I focused my mind on the present and pulled Kea a little closer to me, she was gonna fall off.

She really was, I swear.

I saw the time, it had been three hours since they had given me the doze and it was dark out.

I heard a shuffle of footsteps outside the door and a shadow. The room was dark and when the person entered I could only see a silhouette.

And as soon as he flicked the lights on, Kea turned around in my arms, away from the light but woke up nonetheless.

"Jesus! Dim the lights you asshole." I was too occupied by the discomfort the light had caused her to really see who had caused it. The person obeyed and the room was dark again. 

"REYES RENÈ WILDER reduced to being some chicks lap dog. Now I have truly- seen it all." 

His voice was loud enough to wake Kea, but the way she jumped off the bed seemed strange. This close to her, I could see the shock that painted her features as she stared at the guy standing a few feet away.

I got off the bed stumbling and held Kea's hand not understanding why she had reacted that way.

I looked towards the door, I knew who the voice belonged to, I just had to see the fuckers face to believe that he was actually here.

"Colin, son of a bitch! What the hell are you doing here?" 

"You made me your emergency contact before shifting here, I'm guessing you forgot."

"Oh, shit! Thank God I did though."

"Well, now that the lady is up can I switch on the light? As much as I like the mystery I would really like to see how much damage you have caused this time." With that, he switched on the light and this time it was Colin who wore the baffled expression.

What the hell was going on?

"Kea! Kea Faye. Oh my fucking God, it is you!" Colin spoke, walking over to us as he hugged Kea.

Her hand slipped from mine as I stared at the both of them, blown out of my mind.

I could tell she was trying her best to keep her eyes distant and emotions, hidden. She looked at me for the briefest second before looking away.

Had Colin done something to Kea? I loved Colin but if he had fucked Kea over in any way possible, I was gonna lose it for the second time today. 

Had they dated? How was that possible, Colin had never come to this town before and Kea had studied here all her life. 

Maybe they were pen pals. I laughed at the thought of either of them having a pen pal.

Patience wasn't my strongest quality so I just asked.

"Wait how do you two know each other?" I was asking Kea but at this point, I didn't care who told me.

As long as someone spoke with words that explained- all of this.

And since Kea refused to even look at me. 

Why wouldn't she look at me? 

She just stood frozen in place.

Colin was my best bet at getting some seriously needed answers.

"We met when Kea came for a summer Internship to New York, isn't that where you met her, Renè?.. at the party I had thrown for her when she was leaving." 

The bastard had not called me anything else since I'd gotten it changed.

He continued "This was just before you vanished off the face of the earth."

Fuck!
Colin had done nothing.
It was me. 

I was the Asshole here.

Though it wasn't until after Kea ran out of the hospital room that, the realisation hit me.

I had spent weeks after leaving Colin's loft that day trying to pick up the pieces. I had thought I would forget about her, I didn't even remember her face. Yet the events of the night kept coming back to me in bits, as dreams only they weren't dreams they were memories.

How we'd had one night of rapture and months of agony apart.

I dreamt about her eyes all the time, it fucked with my head so bad that every time I tried to move on, kiss someone else I saw her eyes staring at me vulnerably.

I was hooked but slowly with time, the frequency of the dreams lessened. But I never forgot the brown eyes that..... belonged to Kea.

Kea was the girl from that night in New York.

Kea was the girl in the orange overcoat.

______________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

I know guys this chapter is a little shorter compared to others but it's just as juicy. ;)

Reyes- Yeah juicy because she's been sucking the life out of me ever since she started.

Author- Okay Reyes you need to calm down.

Reyes- I didn't sign up for this! You never told me you were gonna twist my life like this.

Author- Oh come on Quit being such a Drama Queen and learn to be patient. I have big plans for you. *EVIL LAUGH*