Chapter 7: Sides

Wilder

Just fucking great! Here I was trying to avoid her and not fall deeper into the black hole I didn't know I had created. 

But then I should have known.. when it came to this particular girl- there was no going back. 

She was trouble from the very first day. Those stormy eyes, red fucking lips always pulled back in a sneer or just indifference, tousled black curls, the mighty mustang and that filthy mouth. How could you not fall for it?

Again here I was.. trying to avoid her and here she was.. in my room drunk out of her mind, splayed on my bed in her ripped black jeans, boots, patent leather jacket that was her second skin and a sheer black-top.

"Dammit, How could you not fall for that? Well, I couldn't turn away from her now could I?" I whispered to myself before finally taking off her boots and jacket, she was too dazed to protest or react.

And also there was literally no way I could just walk out of the house to cool off, leaving her here. Trust me the thought had crossed my mind.

But having her here in my bed, I couldn't get myself to walk away from the view.

Why was she here? 

I mean she made it abundantly clear to me that she didn't want anything to do with me and I had been more than compliant, given how fucked up my head was getting with what had happened between us.

I had spent most of my time on the field. It was the only time I didn't think about all the distance between us and how badly I wanted to remove it. 

I lay on the couch at the far end of my room. I didn't want her freak out when she woke up, if she saw me next to her in bed- she probably would. 

I didn't want her to think something happened. 

Well, that also depended on how much she remembered.

My mind drifted to the events of the evening. 

"You wanna see what actual broken looks like Reyes."

I was taken aback when she had said it, she had never called me by my name before and that bothered me far more than it should have. 

But it did, because the girl that said it wasn't the  apathetic Kea I was used too. Instead, I saw someone that was almost determined to prove me wrong- to show me that I didn't actually know how deep the cracks ran.. how broken she truly felt. 

And I tried to stop her, every step of the way - but kea was kea, like a storm, you can't prevent it but you can embrace it.

So that's what I did.

I ran headfirst into the storm that was Kea Faye.

It took her nine shots.

I kid you not.

Nine shots to get drunk.

And then she was gone- her eyes lucid as she stared at me, her body so close, I could hear her heartbeat. Her arms wound around me, I could smell the rain. Her lips a whisper away.. all it would take was the slightest bend and I could taste her again. 

But she turned so quick, her hair slapped my face and before I could recover she was lost in the crowd.

After fifteen minutes of searching for her, I found her in the dimly lit living room, talking to Chad, an Asshole from my football team. Well, to be fair he was actually a decent guy but she was drunk and he was a guy and I was irritated.