Mayhem at S.T.A.R. LABS

Entering the cortex again was the weirdest part of it all for the Dark Flash and Killer Frost. Oliver had pulled his hood down and taken his mask off. Barry was still vibrating and Frost was completely Killer Frost - voice, eyes, hair and all. The room was filled with tension as they walked in. This was the hardest part of the plan. Not because team arrow and team flash didn't believe them, they are way too gullible, because they had to respond with happiness or at least conceal their anger. Oliver entered the cortex first and went over to the side of the room.

OLIVER: "They're here."

    Barry stopped vibrating and walked in closely followed by Frost who had let her voice be normal again. They just wanted to scream at them all and Frost wanted to bury icicles in every one of their hearts but for now the cover had to be maintained. They could and did act changed from the experience as you don't just bounce back. If they became their old selves again it would be a more noticeable lie. They had to act changed from the experience because it was less acting than being the same as they used to.

    Around the room their were different reactions on people's faces. Some, like Diggle and Rene, were curious, preemptive, waiting for them to make the next move. Barry liked this because they weren't lying about their emotions. They showed you exactly what they thought. Most of the others were happy and certainly relieved. These people angered Barry and Frost as they didn't care and it was (to them) all a facade. Either they didn't care, like Dinah and HR, or they felt the same as Diggle and Rene and hid it, like Oliver and Cisco. Then there was Iris and Julian. Both ecstatic that the one they love is back. Barry and Frost were equally angered by this. Julian and Iris didn't actually care about them and that went both ways. Barry didn't care about Iris and Frost didn't care about Julian.

    But it wasn't just them. Barry and Frost didn't care about anyone in that room. They had been betrayed and were here for revenge, equipment and space. Not idiots, false emotions and lies. Frost especially couldn't keep her emotions in. They did but it was close, especially for Frost. She was angry at them for what they did to her and what they did to Barry. She also had one other emotion playing a strong part. Jealousy. The way Iris was looking at Barry. She hated it. Barry was hers and hers only. She kept it in check for now but if Iris tried to make a move she would move first. She kept her eye on her constantly. Barry was doing the same to Julian. He didn't take one eye off him as he saw the way he looked at Caitlin. His Caitlin.

    They looked around the room at everyone in there. They avoided all eye contact, especially with Julian and Iris and stood there, in the entrance. They physically and mentally had to try and resist the scowl. Inside Frost's mind Caitlin, who had been reduced to spectator, was enjoying the tension. She knew she couldn't come out but a mix of her and Frost was forming. She could be partially there and partially not. She saw where Frost was coming from. She was repairing her mind. There was no Caitlin Snow any more. There was only a nicer Killer Frost. Nicer, at least, to some people. Barry was entirely responsible. He has fixed what didn't need to be fixed yet again and made things better. It was his speciality. She stopped fawning over Barry and continued to think about what to do next. They needed to discuss this but they couldn't do that in front of their enemies.

    Iris on the other hand was conflicted. She was, of course, ecstatic that Barry was back but it wasn't exactly Barry anymore. She could also feel something she had not felt since Patty. Jealousy. She was jealous of Killer Frost, of Caitlin, of whoever she is at this time or any time (at least she didn't know what happened last night ;) ). Of course Frost noticed this and decided to break up the tension. Her and Barry had been in the room for three minutes. They needed to leave. They had stuff to discuss. Plans to make. Making-out to do. Frost dismissed that last one as much as she wanted to do it they could do that after the more important things were taken care of. Barry knew what she was thinking about (the leaving and discussing bit not the imagination bit).

FROST: "Well since you don't have anything interesting to say, or in fact anything to say at all we're just going to go to the speed lab. Don't disturb us."

    Frost started to walk down the corridor away from the cortex, grabbing Barry's hand and pulling him along with her. He didn't resist. He didn't want to. Iris and Julian wanted him to but he couldn't see that. He was busy being pulled along. Cisco and Felicity smirked at each other. They had always secretly shipped them, especially after Every-man (Caitlin thinks no-one knows but they are the only two), but when Iris and Barry got together their shipping died down but they still shipped it. Just not vocally. Iris, luckily, didn't see their silent communication as her gaze was focused on Barry. Why didn't he walk up to her? Why didn't he smile at the sight of her? Why didn't he even make eye contact with her? She was confused so tried to get his attention, happily.

IRIS: "Barry!"

    She started to get up and approach him. Barry stopped walking and turned to face her but his gaze met the ground. She kept walking towards him. Barry couldn't find any words. He hated anyone but Cait calling him Barry. he didn't love Iris at all anymore. He couldn't voice those without sounding like the cold and calculating villain that he is pretending not to be. he couldn't say anything without blowing his cover. He didn't know what to do. Iris was coming closer. Frost realised Barry had stopped and turned around. She saw Iris and had two options. Injure Iris physically (with her powers) or break her heart. She chose the second option. She grabbed Barry forcefully, turned him to face her and kissed him roughly and possessively.

    Everyone in the room was shocked. They didn't think this would be one of the side effects of the experience. To be fair they did think the experience was over so they should have been better detectives but still, it was shocking. Most of all for Iris and Julian. Especially Iris. She and Barry were engaged after all. All of team arrow and team flash decided to forget that happened and go back to what they were doing before. Frost continued to pull Barry down to the speed lab and Barry continued to not resist. All was still going according to plan. The so-called heroes trusted them. S.T.A.R. LABS would be easier to take than they thought. They made their way to the speed lab and did all three things that Frost had thought of earlier (in that order). They just broke apart as Cisco's voice came over the intercom

CISCO (intercom): "Meta-human alert at Mercury Labs. Go!"

FROST: "Lets start our plan."