The death of it all

The Dark Flash ran forward and caught the arrow easily. The Green Arrow watched as the front of the arrow was fired at tremendous speed. But no-one else noticed. Killer Frost noticed as The Dark Flash was talking.

THE DARK FLASH: "Really Oliver? Back to just a standard arrow? You do remember i can catch these, right."

GREEN ARROW (under his breath): "I remembered..."

KILLER FROST: "BARRY!"

    The Dark Flash immediately span round and saw her. She had two hands over her stomach. And there was red, fresh blood. The Dark Flash didn't wait another second before flashing over to her. She started to fall but found herself in the Dark Flash's arms before she could register it. He crouched onto the floor and laid her down, not breaking contact with her. She stared at the red bolts of lightning flashing around. She was moving as fast as Barry. With Barry? She saw him looking at her frantically trying to save her. She stops him with her hands and just peels his cowl off from his head, staring into his eyes as she starts to smile.

CAITLIN: "Hey."

BARRY: "H... hey."

    Caitlin sets her left hand on Barry's cheek, staring into his tear filled eyes, caressing his cheek and continued to softly smile at him. After about 30 seconds (relative to them - still imperceptible to outside of Barry's touch), Barry begins to think about finding a way to carry Caitlin out of here, to find a way to save her.

CAITLIN: "Barry... don't bother."

    He looks at her with a whirlwind of emotions on his face, yet the most prominent are fear, confusion and anger. Fear of losing Caitlin. Confusion of being told to stop. Anger that it's her not him that got hurt. He'd promised himself... last time... would be the last time. Yet here she is with an arrowverse in her stomach because he's a cocky idiot that after all this time still can't look after those he loves.

BARRY: "What do you mean stop?! How can I save you if I can't move you without hurting you?"

CAITLIN: "Barry, trust me. You can't."

    The short sentence hit Barry in the face like a ton of bricks.

BARRY: "No, Cait! I can't... I can't loose you. You... you're all I want, all I need, all I have. I can't loose you aswell."

    Barry's head sinks onto Caitlin's chest as he slowly mumbles to himself. Caitlin quickly smiles at how much Barry cares about her before she holds back a wince as she shifts into a better position - One where she can hold Barry closer to her.

CAITLIN: "Barry... I can't be saved. Trust me, I'm a doctor... You can't... you can't change this. You can't change time. Promise."

    The echo from his nightmare shook Barry all down to the very smallest parts of his mind. Last time... this was just a ridiculous nightmare. Now... it was real and she still doesn't want him to save her?! His head quickly snapped up and he positioned his body above hers so he could look down into her eyes as he answered her.

BARRY: "I can't promise that Cait! I can't live without you! I'll have to do something to get you back!"

    Caitlin gave Barry her most effort filled puppy dog eyes in her life, knowing that right now this was the only way to break his resolve. She then spoke as if she was heart broken, almost aided by the pain in her side.

CAITLIN: "Barry... please... don't..."

    Barry's face softened immediately and he brought his left hand back to caressing his cheek, not bearing to think about how he made her voice sound like she was heartbroken.