The final battle

The Dark Flash and Killer Frost looked out over their opponents. There were only two who wouldn't be dead by the end if you asked them. Those two would be Kara and Oliver. Because Kara, Felicity and Caitlin got pretty close during Barry's capture and Caitlin doesn't want to put Felicity in the same position she was - without, in Felicity's case, Oliver. The rest of them? They better have said their goodbyes. Both sides could feel it. Bodies would be dropping today. Who's bodies depended on who you asked, but bodies none the less.

GREEN ARROW: "What took you so long Barry? Finally caught up. We asked for this only... two weeks ago?"

THE DARK FLASH: "We were celebrating Oliver. You do know that word, right? Ce-le-bra-ting. I don't think you do, because when you got engaged it took minutes before she got shot. Me? Well we're both fine. You should try it some time."

    There was shock all round. This most certainly wasn't Barry in front of them. This was the Dark Flash and only the Dark Flash. Killer Frost smirked on proudly at her fiance while everyone else looked at him with shock. He was engaged? They were engaged? Only Kara wasn't shocked at the engagement news, especially after what had happened in the corridor of the WaveRider. Killer Frost knew everyone would be on comms, including Iris West of all people. So she decided to dig it in a little. Felicity would have a camera somewhere after all. And she'd be hacked into it. With everyone back at HQ watching it. She smirked before speaking.

KILLER FROST: "If you'd like an invitation please, let us know."

    The pair chuckled before The Dark Flash closed his eyes. He slowed down his brain to focus on what he needed to. He focused on his time with Caitlin over the past two weeks. He felt his brain shift into the right gear, and the rest of his body not far behind. The Justice League could only watch. There was a visible change on The Dark Flash. He was vibrating faster. More red lightning was sparking around him. Killer Frost also focused on herself, cooling down the air to a point where ice began forming on her skin. She formed it into her armour layer. The pair looked at the Justice League. Killer Frost's eyes were a pure blue. The Dark Flash's were red. Dangerously red. The lightning flickered across his vision and before even Kid Flash could react he had flashed off.

    The Dark Flash sped around the city faster than any speedster they had encountered. Faster than the Reverse Flash. Faster than Zoom. Faster than Kid Flash. He ran round he city seemingly randomly. Killer Frost smirked, the Justice League had no idea what's coming. The Dark Flash flashed back towards everyone else and and jumped in the air. He released the lightning and own on the other side. The Lightning Volley. Savitar's advice was definitely useful. The Dark Flash then took his spot back next to Killer Frost to assess the damage he had caused.

    The ATOM suit was overloaded and Ray knocked out because of it. Mister Terrific's T spheres are also struggling with the energy surge. Kid Flash was also knocked out by the lightning, the negative SpeedForce overpowering his positive SpeedForce energy. The lightning also sought out Vibe's gloves and goggles but it was breached back into the SpeedForce before it could hit him. A bolt strangely congregated near the bottom of Green Arrow's quiver before being almost absorbed but no-one paid any attention to it.  Both the Dark Flash and Killer Frost smirked.

KILLER FROST: "Your turn."

    The Green Arrow shot an arrow towards the Dark Flash while Firestorm shot a fireball at Killer Frost. The Dark Flash caught the arrow and looked at the Green Arrow like he was an idiot. Then he noticed the fireball. Killer Frost just walked up to the ball and held out one finger. The ball stopped immediately and shrunk down, a snowball forming in it's wake. The ball flew back towards Firestorm and hit him right in the head. Killer Frost cackled slightly because Firestorm actually thought that would work. The Dark Flash growled slightly. How dare he try to hurt her... He flashed over to behind Firestorm and snapped his neck.

THE DARK FLASH (whispering): "How dare you try to hurt her..."

    The Dark Flash flashed back over to Killer Frost and let the body drop to the floor. The Justice League ran forwards. The battle had properly begun. Killer Frost created two swords out of ice and ran at the Justice League. Supergirl flew off to get all of the civilians out of the area. She didn't want to fight her friends, she just wanted to save the people. The Dark Flash used Killer Frost's distraction to vibrate until he was invisible. He surveyed the battle scene. The new team Arrow met Killer Frost first. She took a swing, clipping Wild Dog and almost hitting Mister Terrific but he jumped over it. Mister Terrific never actually made it to the ground alive though because the Dark Flash flashed over, while still invisible and vibrated his hand though his heart.  She saw the new Black Canary about to scream so stopped her by stabbing her in the throat with one of her swords. Wild Dog took a shot at Killer Frost to avenge his friends but found his neck snapped before the bullet could reach Killer Frost. It just bounced off her ice layer.

    She slashed at the next person but Citizen Steel caught the blade and it shattered upon impact. Killer Frost frowned slightly.

KILLER FROST: "Killjoy."

    She started to freeze him with an ice beam before Vixen, taking the abilities of a polar bear, stepped in the way. Seeing as she took the power of an animal that lives in the cold Killer Frost's ice beams had no effect on her. The Dark Flash then ran up and sent a punch into her stomach, followed by the jaw, knocking her out cold. Killer Frost then increased the ice layer on her hands and sent several punches into Citizen Steel, the fifth knocking him out.

    The Dark Flash flashed him and Killer Frost backwards to avoid an arrow headed for her shoulder. Both sides stopped to assess the damage. Pretty good, they thought. Five people dead, three out cold. Not bad for the beginning of a battle.

    Both sides had frozen. This was the turning point and at the moment the Dark Flash and Killer Frost were winning and if the heroes didn't do something quickly it would stay that way.

    Oliver sighed. He knew it was the only way but... that didn't mean he wanted to do it. He sighed and whispered to himself.

OLIVER: "I'm sorry Felicity."