No turning back

Barry woke with a start. He could feel that he was still in his costume but the mask had been pulled down. He studied his surroundings, the futuristic mix of metal and glass that made up the brig of the waverider. He got up and found that he wasn't restrained in any way. He started to try and vibrate, hoping to phase out of there.

???: "There's no point in doing that Barry, they're holding back your speed with nanites. You won't get anywhere looking like your seizing in the air."

    Barry took a closer look at his surroundings. He would recognise that voice anywhere. Caitlin. He saw her in front of him. She was looking at a tablet and... giggling. She was giggling at him. He stopped trying to vibrate and smiled at her. She just had that effect on him.

BARRY: "Cait, what are you doing here. I told Oliver to let you go. It was part of our deal."

    Barry's eyes narrowed in anger as he believed that Oliver had broken such a vital part of their deal that he would have upheld. But Caitlin just smiled at him and chuckled slightly.

CAITLIN; "What? You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily did you? Nope. Not at all. It's me and you till the end of the line Barry you should know that by now."

    To the outside eye this may seen like incoherent rambling but in reality it was a cover up for Caitlin slightly sliding up her sleeve and moving her arm hide enough for Barry to see the meta-cuffs on her wrist that she used to use to hold back Killer Frost. Which is now mostly useless. It holds back the powers but not the personality because they are all one and the same.Barry leaned forwards towards Caitlin and started to whisper.

BARRY: "Are we being monitored?"

CAITLIN: "Yes, video and audio. But as the creator of gideon you should have no problem working around that when there using the waverider - which includes gideon- 's cameras."

    Barry started to smirk at Caitlin and then they both started laughing a normal laugh at the gaping flaw in the heroes plans. Caitlin smirked back at him as she left the room. Barry smiled at where she left before sitting back on the bench in his cell.

BARRY: "Gideon mute and cut the feed."

GIDEON: "Yes Creator."

BARRY: "Lock this room down. Only those with creator level clearance control who goes on and out."

GIDEON: "The brig is now in lockdown mode. You control the doors."

BARRY: "Give Dr Caitlin Snow in all her forms Creator level clearance."

GIDEON: "Given the changes to the timeline that caused you to become the Dark Flash, she already does."

    Barry smirked. The justice league were idiots. Holding him in the one place he has total control over.

    Caitlin was in a room they had set up to be her lab. She felt uncharacteristically warm. She had gotten used to the cold and the warmth of Barry that... being Caitlin again without him felt wrong. She was, according to anyone you asked, finding a way to get back Barry's old self. But in actual fact? She was finding a way to kill the nanites in his blood safely and discretely. Cisco walked in.

CISCO: "Can I ask you a question that you in no way have to answer, but if you don't it's an answer in itself?"

CAITLIN: "Is there any stopping you?"

CISCO: "No. How much do you remember about what happened? Because if I remember you couldn't remember anything you did as Killer Frost but you haven't asked anyone what's happening."

CAITLIN: "Everything. Every last thing. From attacking you guys at the bank to holding Felicity hostage - as in we just messed around and made fun of eachother for 12 hours. We didn't actually torture her."

CISCO: "Ha... Oliver thought you guys had been torturing her for hours. And girl really? You spent three years with Barry, which for a while you both liked eachother but in a day of being evil you ask him out?"

CAITLIN: "Well it would appear that's Killer Frost's appealing quality. Doesn't hide in a lab and stare?!"

    The two old friends laughed at the absurdity of the statement. Outside however, things weren't as jovial. Julian had been hoping Caitlin didn't remember and therefore it was Killer Frost that liked Barry, not her. But it wouldn't be. She never loved him. Julian decided to not waste anymore time and left.

    Cisco left the lab in search of some technological solution to his friend's problem. This left Caitlin alone in her new lab. She turned back to her tablet. As Barry's official doctor anyway she was also responsible for how he was doing medically and that was the data on the tablet. She was so engrossed in checking the data that she didn't notice Iris walk in the room.

IRIS: "How's he doing?"

CAITLIN: "Oh he's doing fine."

    Caitlin's eyes flashed dangerously with blue. She may not have been able to access her powers but Killer Frost was still in control of her brain right now.

IRIS: "How's he doing mentally?"

CAITLIN: "The same way anyone is after being betrayed, lied to and ignored simultaneously. Not like you care."

IRIS: "What do you mean not like I care?"

CAITLIN: "What I mean is that here you are asking me how he is when you seem to have forgotten how this started in the first place."

IRIS: "Oh yeah. And how would you know how this started then?"

CAITLIN: "Because I started it! I found that you were ignoring and avoiding him and simply showed him the truth. Now here you are claiming to love your ex-fiance."

IRIS: "What do you mean ex-fiance? I love him he loves me. I know that much."

    Caitlin turned away from her tablet and towards Iris with the biggest smirk on her face.

CAITLIN: "That's not what he told me last night."

    Iris looked mortified at Caitlin, while the other woman started to cackle. Caitlin was most definitely enjoying this.

IRIS: "First of all, YOU SLEPT WITH HIM! And second of all you remember it?"

CAITLIN: "Oh yes I remember it. I remember everything. Every touch. Every kiss. The way he relaxed under my touch and my touch only. But that's not been a new thing has it."

    Iris glared at Caitlin before running out crying. Caitlin smiled gleefully before she got back in control of her personality. Cisco ran in looking alarmed.

CISCO: "What the hell happened in here? I heard shouting and just saw Iris storm out."

CAITLIN: "Dealing with the ex apparently. Even though my powers are suppressed it seems that Killer Frost as a personality snuck through. But it took a lot out of her. So essentially there should probably keep some distance between me and her"

CISCO: "That sounds like the best idea I've heard a week. I need to keep my bestie."

    The pair laughed at Cisco and continued their light hearted banter. Meanwhile Barry sat in his cell. He had just watched that and his jaw had dropped. Damn his girlfriend dealt with Iris like a badass.