He Had To Be An Alpha?

PROLOGUE

«Alex's POV»

"I don't want to go!" I shout in Jake's face.

He growls at me, and throws me against the Pack House wall. He grips my neck in his big hand "Don't yell at me. I am your Alpha." He growls at me.

I growl right back. "Not yet." I sneer.

He punches the wall next to me with his free hand, making a hole the size of his fist. "Don't growl at me!" He shouts with his eyes getting darker with rage.

"Then don't growl at me!" I force out childishly when his hand clamps tighter around my throat.

I glower at him with my hate filled green eyes, and his dark brown eyes stare back into mine just as hard.

Submit. He pushes the command into my head. His fangs elongating threateningly.

I glower back at him, and my wolf holds her ground.

I don't see why I have to. I reply, cocking an eyebrow sassily, a smirk on my lips.

Submit! Jake pulls me away from the wall by my throat, and slams me into the opposite wall.

The impact pushes the air from my lungs.

I am sprawled out on the ground trying to gasp in breath.

I probably look like a very unattractive trout right now.

I only submit to my Alpha. And since you are not the Pack's Alpha yet, I will not submit to you. I snarl at him through the pack link venomously.

Quick as lightning, I spring up into an offensive stance, and kick Jake right in the chest with so much force that he is flown back.

Maybe a little to much force.

Nah.

Jake is flying through the walls of the Pack House one by one, leaving splinters and wood chip rain in his wake.

Eventually, there are no more walls that he can hit, so he face plants in the grass on the lawn.

I quickly jog through the holes he so kindly made for me and laugh as he spits mud out of his mouth.

He sends me a look that would make any normal wolf running in the opposite direction, tail tucked between legs.

But I'm no normal wolf.

My rare white wolf is powerful. I took down about twenty full grown Rogues all at once by myself.

Of course, I nearly died, but details details.

I smile cheekily at him, and he growls at men eyes pooling black.

"Oh get over yourself, you big baby." I tease, turning away from him, and straightening my leather jacket.

I walk across the overturned grass and to the open garage making my way to my Harley Davidson.

My motorcycle, my baby.

I swing my leg over her seat, and am about to kick start her, when I feel a large hand clamp itself on my shoulder.

Alpha vibes spread through me, making the hair at the back of my neck stand on end.

I look over my shoulder, and see Alpha Tyler staring down at me with amusement in his eyes.

I smile up at him innocently, and step off of my baby to give him my full attention, letting my fingertips linger on her sleek handlebars.

"Yes, Alpha Tyler?" I asks, my voice purposefully sweet and high pitched.

"Steel, I understand that you don't want to go to the Mating Ceremony, but you have already missed one and you didn't even go to The Hunt. I was barely able to get the council to allow you to skip because of Pack Warrior training. It is a requirement for all unmated wolves to attend. So you will go to the Mating Ceremony, and you will participate in The Hunt." Alpha Tyler says, not unkindly.

I hang my head in playful defeat, and he chuckles.

I already knew it would be a lost cause to refuse and that I would have to go, but I just wanted to put up a good fight.

"Understood, Alpha Tyler," I say solemnly, digging the toe of my boot into the asphalt.

Alpha Tyler chuckles at my pouting expression, and pats my back in a fatherly manner. "Cheer up, Steel. You act like finding your mate is the worst thing that can happen to you."

"Well, not the worst, but it's pretty high up there." I grumble bitterly.

Alpha Tyler and I are really close. I see him as a sort of-kinda-maybe father.

He has my up most respect and loyalty.

"What?!" Jake demands agitatedly.

I peer around Alpha Tyler's huge body to see Jake striding up to us with his fists clenched and glaring at us with cold black eyes.

"You kick me through thirteen walls when I tell you to go, but when my old man tells you to go you are practically packing your bags?" Jake waves his arms around irritatedly, like an idiot.

"Yup," I say popping the 'p'.

I shove my hands into my leather jacket pockets to show that I don't care.

Alpha Tyler looks smug. I look lazily into Jake's furious eyes. "Look Jake, I'll do what you tell me to when you are my Alpha, but you heir to Alpha. And that doesn't count. So until you outrank me as Alpha I will treat you like an equal." I say, shrugging.

Jake looks like he is about to bite my head off, and I swear he was salivating.

But before he could even try-and fail miserably-at killing me, Alpha Tyler places a hand on his shoulder. "Jake, an Alpha has to learn tolerance. If you get riled up over the smallest things, then you're going to have a lot of problems."

"She kicked me through thirteen walls." He says, exasperatedly, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"I regret nothing," I say, walking past him on my way to the door.

I make an effort to flick my hair in his face as I walk past him, and he growls. I can hear his razor sharp teeth grinding against each other.

"Jake," Alpha Tyler says warningly.

I can feel Jake's gaze burning holes in the back of my leather jacket as I walk up the stairs to the front door.

I look over my shoulder at them, and see that Alpha Tyler had managed to get Jake to calm down.......a little.

"I'm going to go pack," I say, getting their attention.

"Okay," Alpha Tyler says. "But remember, this is just for a couple days, not a month." He sends me a joking look.

I hold my hands up in mock defeat, "you should be telling Susan, she's probably in her room trying to fit her whole closet into a duffel bag right now."

A look of pure terror crosses both of their faces and they shiver simultaneously while imagining it.

I chuckle before crossing the thresh hold and entering the Pack House.

I take my time walking up the stairs, purposefully inspecting ever nook and cranny with uncanny interest to procrastinate.

But eventually, I will make it to my room and I'll have to pack all my stuff.

But until I get there, who put this piece of gum under the banister?