Death by Boredom

~Your POV~

         "Knockooooooout, I'm boooooorrrrrrred! Let's go do something fun!"

         "You still need to work on those codes, you're not even close to your quota."

         "But I'm going to die of boredom! Look at me! Just wasting away on the oversized desk with no children to leave my racing fortune to!"

     I stretched out on my back, slightly hanging off of the edge of the med-bay computer desk. Knockout didn't even glance over as I got myself up. My eyes hurt from watching the red signs and symbols float by the screen, and my mind was telling me that I was being exploited, while my heart said I was doing the right thing, staying here and uncovering loads of encrypted information. Either way, both my heart and my mind agreed on dying from boredom, if it's not possible, I'm about to make it possible! Knockout as my witness!

         "Come on, at least talk to me while I work!"

         "What is there to talk about? The interest we seem to have in common is street racing, and even then our racing style is different."

He was right. Knockout drove like a maniac only when someone scratched his paint, while I just drove like a maniac all the time, though everything is carefully calculated on the fly mind you. Perhaps I can find something we both like by talking some more!

         "We can always talk about random things, find stuff we both like that way."

         "Unless you find taking apart other bots and putting them through excruciating pain fascinating and overly joyful, I don't think we can find anything else in common."

He finally turned around from his computer on the other side of the room. His smirk made him look so sure of himself, but there had to be more than just racing between us... hmmmmm.

         "How about you tell me more about the Autobots!"

         "You mean besides the fact that they've been a hypothetical thorn in our side since the beginning?"

I nodded my head, sitting indian style on the desk that had turned into my workplace.

         "Uhg, fine. Their leader, Optimus Prime, has only four underlings as we know of."

         "Underlings? Ain't that a phrase usually used for the bad guys?"

         "Do you want me to continue?"

I nodded, smiling my little head off. I so knew how to get under his armour.

         "Those four are Bumblebee: a scout. Arcee: a warrior. Bulkhead: a former wrecker. And Ratchet: A fellow doctor. Currently they have three humans that are under their care, and they're watched by an agent of your human government... Feller... Foler? Whatever. They have a base, which it's whereabouts are unknown and they fight for the good of humankind and for the supply of Energon this planet is supplied with."

         "And Energon is the life source of all Cybertronians, right?"

         "So, you WERE listening when I told you that."

Shrugging I pushed him to continue.

         "Megatron has been trying to offline the Prime since he became one, and before you ask (I can see it in those eyes of yours), no you aren't automatically made a Prime through lineage or whatever. If it were that way most likely Megatron wouldn't be laying there like a downed war ship."

Looking over to the lump of metal and living intimidation, I nodded my head slowly. Even in a sort of stasis the war lord was horrifying.

     Standing up, I tried to walk back to the screen to work some more, but got up to fast and lost my balance, resulting in a horrific shriek to escape my lips. I closed my eyes, waiting for impact, but found the floor much closer than I had originally thought. Opening my eyes, I saw the servo of my hero. I looked Knockout in his optics, worry plastered across his faceplate. We stayed like that, staring at each other, until the door opened and Starscream came stomping in.

         "I hope our guest is fairing well."

         "Aw, I didn't know you cared!"

He just scoffed and started grilling Knockout about Megatron. I don't know why he cares so much about his former leader. Starscream obviously is enjoying his reign as "Lord", and doesn't plan on giving the title back to the former gladiater either (yeah I was listening to Megatrons backstory when Knockout told me that too, though it was awhile ago).

     With Starscream there I couldn't concentrate. His high pitched voice was just so whiny and irritating, I was about to turn around and tell him to just shut up when the door opened to reveal Soundwave, a con of few words. I thought he was going to talk to Starscream, but he came towards me instead. I looked over at the feminine con briefly to see if he was seeing this. That thought was confirmed when I saw his lower jaw almost hit the floor. Knockout didn't seem to pleased about his presence, perhaps he didn't like him, though that hateful glare seems more territorial than anything.

         "Well," I said looking back at the slender con, "What is it?"

He simply gave me a slip of paper with an eviction notice on it.

         "Whaaaaaaat is this?"

He played a recording.

         "~Tell the girl that her time is up ~ and that I know she's a street racer ~ and that I only let her stay because she payed her rent!" It was the manager of the apartment building.

         "Oooooooh, completely forgot to pay rent. Oh well. Hey Knockout, you up for a little drive?"

         "Always am (Y/N)." That seemed more thankful than his usual lazy and laid-back responses.

Starscream started his stuttering.

         "B-b-b-but Megatr-"

         "Sorry can't hear ya!" I yelled from Knockout's door, "Going to fast!"

With that, we left. I was going to get my luggage before it was sold to some weird person.

(Sorry for the two week wait...  By the way, The "eviction notice" part scared ME when I wrote it. I actually had no idea where that was going until I remembered you all had an apartment. Did I scare you? If so HAHAHA!!!! You all got to feel my pain!)