His New Look

~(Y/N)'s POV~ 

         "Preda won't be alone anymore," I couldn't help but smile as Shockwave explained his experiment, though I had already gone through the files myself, despite his constant nagging of how I wouldn't understand it. To his amazement, I did, and continued to amaze him as I helped with things he deemed above my level of thinking. Thank Primus for a processor and not a spark... though either would have been fine by me... 

     I looked over to the beast that had miraculously come back. I remember when he showed up, as mighty as ever. 

         "Would you stop NAGGING me about Preda'?" I hollered at Starscream as he continued to follow me on the flight deck. 

         "Why should I? It's your fault the beast is gone! If you hadn't interfered I bet it would still be here!" 

         "I didn't INTERFERE Starscream, he picked me up like some rag doll!" 

The Seeker spluttered in his confusion. 

         "What's a rag doll?" 

         "A human toy that's tossed around, often in bad shape and dirtied." I explained, a thumb digit to my forehelm in a desperate attempt to fend off a headache. It didn't help as Starscream kept rambling, and making me want to hit him despite my sparked state, but he didn't know that... He started complaining about something else, as I stared into the distance. Not to be dreamy, not to be dramatic, but to find out what in the pit was making that Primus awful sound in the distance. It was giving me a helmache (a side effect of being sparked was sensitivity to noises; a heightened deffence mechanism). I squinted my optics as the noise came closer, and once I realized what it was, I freaked out. 

         "HIT THE DECK!" I yelled, and tackled Starscream so that we were both out of harms way as the Predacon landed, though roughly as he scratched metal and created deep crevices in the landing strip. We both looked up, and I smiled, leaping from the deck to the giant beast, "PREDA'!" 

     The beast seemed to smile, and rubbed up against me like an over sized cat. I laughed and pat his brow. 

         "I missed you too big guy!"

He whined, and sniffed me, checking if I was alright, and lingered around my midsection. Huffing, he narrowed his optics as he raised his massive head. 

         "You're far too smart for your own good," I pouted, "But don't tell Starscream, Megatron or Shockwave, okay?" I giggled after my short whisper, and Preda' huffed though seemed to be willing to comply.

         "H-how did... it's... I'm going to alert Lord Megatron!" the Seeker ran to find the War Lord.

Speaking of Starscream, he's being far to bossy once again, and Preda' wasn't listening. To be honest he could be a little more compliant... 

I caught the reflection of Starscream about to hit him, but I intervened. That would not do. 

         "I would refrain from hitting him again." I yanked the metal rod from his grasp, and pointed it at the Seeker threateningly, "I would think you'd know what it feels like to be beaten after taking the brunt of Megatron's rage for so long." 

I heard someone transform, but I didn't bother to look, to busy glaring at Starscream. I was surprised when an unfamiliar servo pushed my own down. I looked up... 

         "Thank you, I believe I can take it from here, Mistress."

Holy hunk of mech... Preda' just transformed... 

         "H-hi..." I giggled nervously, which made him smile. He then took the rod from my servo, and through it to the ground, dangerously close to Starscream, who shrieked.

Everyone stared as the now evolved Predacon went to investigate his growing brethren. My processor went blank, and I found it hard to process... I knew he was more intelligent than Megatron and Shockwave gave him credit for, but I never expected this!

         "Are you alright Mistress?" I heard Preda ask, and I shook my helm to release the cobwebs that had fogged my processor.

        "I-I'm fine... but, wow." I walked up to him, and gently touched what would be part of his wings, "I never would have thought."

         "I would not have either, but I have evolved to be more than a beast."

His words had a hidden venom to them, and I frowned, though it was quickly wiped away when Preda' nudged me, his usual antics a little awkward now that he had a bipedal form. I wonder if he even likes the nickname I gave him... I don't want to anger him, that would be far too dangerous... I guess I will wait and see.

     We walked out of Shockwave's lab, the three behind Preda' and I still in shock, and most likely thinking the same thing: Preda' was a threat to the Decepticons. Not only does he have more power then Megatron, but he will soon have a small army behind him. I hope they don't destroy what he has hoped for, what they might see as a threat, is really just something familiar, and a possible family. If I gained mine back, then Preda' can have one as well, one that he can relate to.

         "I am delighted to finally be able to talk to you Mistress," he whispered to me.

         "Why do you call me 'Mistress'?" I asked after a short time.

         "Do you not approve?"

         "No, that's not it, it's just... why not call me Wildstryke, like everyone else? I'm not your master," I chuckled, and he smiled.

         "You are the only one who believed I could think for myself," he answered quietly, "And you do not seek to control me. I have come to the decision, that you are worthy of that option."

Well that was a rather hypocritical statement... but... I guess that means I'm trustworthy to him.

     When we reached the Nemesis, I was afraid that Preda' wouldn't fit with his height... he was taller than Megatron after all. By some miracle by Primus himself, he fit, shoulder spikes and all! Megatron began talking, and I trailed behind, thinking, and making sure I kept the sparkling safe. It wouldn't be long until I had to leave, the growth becoming apparent. Knockout said the growth wouldn't be as obvious as a human pregnancy, of which I was quite glad, it meant I had time to stay on the Nemesis for longer.

         "I would like to be known as Predaking," the faint conversation reached my audio, and I smiled at the use of his nickname, "Though I do not mind if you simply call me Preda', Mistress," he looked to me, seeing a very surprised expression. I did not expect him to accept such a nickname.

         "I'm honored," I smiled, a tired smile, and his expression became concerned.

         "Perhaps you should rest, this sudden change is not good for you."

He glanced down, and I knew he could sense the slight distress I was putting myself through, but I think it necessary while here on the Nemesis. I can rest when I have to leave for the Autobots.

         "I'm fine Preda', but I thank you for your concern."

He nodded, an uncertain nod. I noticed that he had slowed his walking pace, forcing both Megatron and Shockwave to slow down as well. I silently thanked him for that.