Compromise

~(Y/N)'s POV~

     It's only day two and already I'm feeling claustrophobic! Yes the vault can hold a giant Cybertronian and still have room for at least three cases of energon cubes, BUT I'M STILL TRAPPED! Get this, I took a shower, and saw hair in the drain. HAIR IN THE DRAIN! I'm losing hair just by being here! No way am I going to make it TWO MONTHS! The only reason why I'm still here is because of today's date. It was written in Knockout's hand, so I'm assuming it's important. I'm just glad I didn't have to wait long to find out why.

         "Bumblebee, you're going with Optimus." I heard Ratchet say through the vault door. Bee whirred in response. I was close to figuring out his language of beeps and bleeps, but not quite yet.

         "Don't worry, she won't escape any time soon."

HA! That's what you think medic.

     I heard the steps of Bee slowly recede, and found this as my chance to escape. Raf was a good boy and acquired some wires for me. To the untrained eye, they were just copper wires. Cut up way to small for any real purpose. But, when connected in a certain way, they were as strong as the London bridge! I found my way to a high shelf in the vault, or rather, a tall ledge. Taking the strung together wire, I started throwing them to the air vent, trying to get it to catch, and stay.

         "Come on you fragger," I cursed as the wire slipped from the air vent once again.

I could hear pede steps approaching, so started to frantically throw the chain at the vent without falling, which was harder than I thought... I froze in my spot when the steps were at my door. I could hear Ratchet's grumbles as he stopped. Holding my breath, I slowly started lifting the chain again, the light clinking of the strung together copper making me cringe with every tap it made on the wall. Ratchet stayed outside the door.

     I took my fail-safe out of my pocket: A small kitchen magnet that Raf thought I would like. It was a circle with small swirly designs on it. I had thanked him for it, and stuck to the wall as a sort of decoration, but now it served a higher purpose as I strung it to the chain with a string. I threw the chain gently, and watched it slide over a vent rail, and dangel on the other side. Looking over to the door, I found that Ratchet had not heard. Taking the other end of the chain, I swung it, hanging on to the small loop that it created. When that end stuck to the vent too, I held my breath, and started to fall off the ledge, hoping that the copper chain would hold my weight.

     The metal screeched as my weight was forced onto it. My head snapped to the door, seeing the medic start to become suspicious as he turned.

         "You better not be trying anything funny in there." He warned, and I gave no answer. Bad choice on my part, since it only made him even more suspicious... He reached for the vault key pad on the side, ready to open the door. Saved by a com link, Ratchet left to see what was going on as Optimus called for him. I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was still keeping. I started my climb up and into the vent.

     Soon I was roaming the air vents that kept the old missile silo cool. I wandered aimlessly, trying to find a way out, but no matter which way I turned, I always ended up at a dead end, which usually was the vent turning up at a 90 degree angle! I cursed my luck as I turned around again.

         "Try number 7. HA! A prime number, how ironic!" I huffed, just wanting to be back with Knockout and the others. To my astonishment, try number 7, was a success, and I found a hidden vent cover just above a rocky ledge. "I suddenly have a new respect for Primes." I said, a smile on my face as I made my way down the rocky cliff.