Her Instinct

(It's so sparkbreaking... I love it! Why do I torture myself with these pictures? XD)

~(Y/N)'s POV~

     It's only been a few days since the wedding, okay really it's been a week, and it's been hectic on both sides, from the loss of Preda' to the loss of Darkmount, but I'm more stoked about Optimus being back.

         "OPTIMUS!" I hollered as I came through the ground bridge, attacking him in a hug as Wildstryke. I could feel Arcee's cold, and appalled glare as I swung around his neck cables, forcing him off balance by a bit, but I didn't care. "I missed you!"

This act was fruitful in one thing, and it astonished everyone. Optimus chuckled.

         "I see just how much I was missed."

         "Well yeah," I rolled my optics, and disconnected from his neck, "Everyone did... some of us... were starting to think that you didn't make it."

I felt a strong servo on my shoulder blade, and looked up from the spot on the floor, seeing a reassuring smile.

          "But there was still hope."

To this I smiled, and we both turned to the grown audience. Everyone was staring...

     Optimus cleared his voice box, and I smirked at the two-wheeler. I can't wait to see her reaction to Knockout's question for the Prime.

     That was before the wedding, and Optimus was quite surprised about the offer of Best Man. I later asked June about being Maid of Honor, and her reaction was a squeal (not expected) then a motherly 'yes' as she explained that it would be a good break from the intergalactic war. It was funny when Smokescreen started to pout about not being a major part of the wedding. I told him that I barely knew him and the first time we met he yanked me into a free fall that practically spelled "certain doom". He nodded with a sheepish smile and a 'yeah, point taken'.

         "Wildstryke!"

I turned in the middle of the Nemesis hallway, finding Dreadwing jogging to catch up to me.

         "Yeah?" I asked.

         "Would you like to spar for a time?" he finally stopped in front of me, "I have been noted that you have been less active of late, and it has worried me."

         "Sure," I smiled, "I've just been lazy, nothing to worry about."

He smiled, and nodded, and I ended up following him to one of the training rooms.

     In truth I really don't want to spar with anyone, but I didn't want to tell my brother 'no'. To be fully honest I don't want to do ANYTHING. I just haven't been feeling like myself when it comes to activities such as this. I've been avoiding missions, going between the two factions, and have been staying in Knockout and my berthroom. I haven't gone back to my human body in awhile either.

         "Are you okay Wildstryke? You seem distracted."

I finally noticed that we had stepped into a training room, and I blinked, shaking my helm.

         "Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled once more, "Do you want to begin the spar or me?"

         "I think you should."

I nodded, and attacked him, only for my punch to be blocked by his own fist.

     Dodge left, hit high, jump over him because he's far to slow. Is he going easy on me?

         "Don't tell me this all you have for today," I huffed.

         "Just warming up." He admitted, and started to up his game.

I found myself having trouble keeping up with his movements, despite having been lazy for the past week! I barely managed to escape a hit to my helm as I ducked, and hit his arm away. He spun around and went after a low sweep to my legs. I managed to jumped over that, but not without having to barrel roll away in order to get my bearings back. He smirked at me, and I rolled my optics, knowing I wouldn't let him beat me no matter what he tried, but I wouldn't be a spoilsport and use the amount of energy I would if I were fighting Megatron. He attacked once more, and I twirled to one side, only to find his fist coming dangerously close to my mid section...

     I freaked, and flipped him over before he could make contact with me again in any way shape or form. I looked at my servos, surprised at what I had just done, and in pure wonder. Dreadwing floundered until he righted himself, and looked to me with worry. He took a step closer, and I backed away.

         "I-I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean to... It was just... I..."

With tears in my optics I fled the training room, and past the growing Vehicon crowd that had formed at the door, clutching my midsection as if it pained me. I ran, not knowing where it was that I was going, until I found myself storming into the berthroom I had come to memorize.

     I found the farthest corner from the door, and hid behind the berth, crying as I tucked my legs into my chassis. Why was I so protective? He wasn't aiming to offline me. I know that.

         "Wildstryke, I'm coming in."

Knockout... Why is my need for him right now so strong?

He came in, and bent to one knee in order to match my current height. He placed his servo to the side of my helm and I leaned into it, his touch almost euphoric.

         "What's wrong?"

I shook my helm.

         "Darling, please, I can't help you if you don't tell me."

I waited for my breathing to slow, and my tears to stop, though I wasn't successful in either.

         "Dreadwing... and I were sparing," I managed to choke out, "H-he attacked and I f-flipped him."

         "Well that seems quite normal for you," Knockout chuckled, but his slight mirth was deflated when he saw my distressed faceplate not laughing with him, "That's not all is it?"

I shook my helm.

         "I used as much strength as I did when fighting Megatron," I was starting to calm down, "I-I was protective."

         "Protective of what?" Knockout asked, and shook my helm in a silent answer of 'I don't know'.

All the while I wasn't paying attention to what my servos were doing. One on top of the other, they started to tap my midsection, a gentle rhythm as I began to relax. Knockout looked to where the tapping came from, and developed an odd expression I didn't quite understand. It seemed to be a mixture of uncertainty and... something else.

         "How about we go and do a quick check up okay? See if there's any bugs in your system... it might be a good idea if you went back to your human form."

         "No," I answered quickly, "It makes me sick, I get huge headaches and my stomach always feels like it's churning."

         " . . . That so." was his only response as he helped me up, and guided me to the med bay of the war ship. 

(Cause, you know, consequences. No regrets >:) HAHAHAHAHA!)