Waiting

(Okay. Screw accuracy. You're all here for the originality and story. At least... I would hope so. Just treat it like an alternate story line, where you, as the character, frags a whole bunch of scrap up like the bad aft you are! Thanks for waiting! Hope you like the chapter!)

~Knockout's POV~

     While it's only been two days, I'm already antsy. With each passing moment Megatron becomes more irritable, and this sudden development we have to deal with isn't helping things at all! What is this 'sudden development', you ask? Wildstryke was seen helping the Autobots. While I am quite proud of her, and glad she wasn't severely harmed by the dark energon in the mine, the harsh reality of Wildstryke being neutral hit Megatron hard. Now he sends Starscream on every large mining expedition, just in case she shows up. Wildstryke has become a drug to Megatron. The longer she's away, the more desperate he becomes, and his rage is barely containable.

     I asked Soundwave if he could watch the war lord, but so far, no secrecy has been needed to find out what Megatron knows. Or rather, what he thinks he knows. He believes Wildstryke to be grieving for Breakdown, and hunting for Arachnid. He also believes it to be a suicide mission, and that she should be stopped. He was quite baffled after hearing of Wildstryke aiding the Autobots in a mining raid, so I can only assume he believes her to be asking for their help, and helping them in return. That would have been my assumption at least.

         "Knockout, is Starscream here?"

The low rumble of Megatrons words startled me as I dropped the torch in my servo.

         "Um... no my Lord. I haven't even seen him."

Thank Primus for that!

         "If he shows his faceplate, tell him to come to me immediately."

I only nodded as the warmonger stomped off, irritable as ever.

     With him gone, and nothing else to do at the moment, I started working on my secret project. Well, I guess it's not that secret since Soundwave knows about it, and helps from time to time as well, though most of the work is done by me. I've found my holoform to be quite helpful in this circumstance, though (Y/N)'s second opinion would be helpful. The problem is I can't show it to her until it's at least 95% done! Right now it's only hitting about 45% done. Doesn't help it's 100% experimental, and something I hope she likes.

     Activating my holoform, I started to do some fine work on the folded metal. There was a bolt that needed to be fixed, and I couldn't do it as myself.

         "Come on you piece of-OW! FRAGGER!"

The metal snapped back on me, and cut my hand. I watched as the cut fizzled and glitched as it "healed". I was glad I didn't bleed or anything like that, though I should do something to be able to mimic it... this holoform idea is still strictly experimental. Only I have it. I'm starting to wish I hadn't added the pain receptors...

     Once the cut had stopped glitching, I started to re-curve the metal, and fix the bolt that held it in place, praying to Primus that it wouldn't snap back again. Apparently he heard my prayers as I successfully fixed it, and started working on another part of the project. I was going to make the Nemesis seem more like home to (Y/N). Something she can come back to, with more than just me on her mind... perhaps, I can make her past, just a bit more bearable.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

         "Wait, I'm going?"

I wanted to make sure I heard that correctly, cleaning my ear with a finger as I waited for Ratchet to repeat himself.

         "Yes," He sighed, "There's an energon mine that was just uncovered. Tomorrow the digging will be done, and extraction will have started. Optimus suggested it since Knockout will be there."

         "REALLY?!"

Knockout was going? Even with his finish at stake? This is going to be good! Especially when I slap him for pushing me through that groundbridge!

         "Wait... how did you know that he's going to be there?"

         "While you were checking your data pad, you swiped over a message. I just so happened to read it quick enough."

Hugging the tablet to me, I glared at the medic. I'll make sure to change it back to the Decepticon dialect... instead of English to give my brain a break... it needed the stretch anyway.

         "Okay... so I'm going to help with an energon raid, Knockout's going to be there, which means I'm the distraction."

         "To put it bluntly, yes."

You know if it wasn't for the fact that they basically hope I can confuse everyone, I'd actually have more fun. But no, all they see is a diversion that could potentially spell out treason in the Decepticon ranks. Well, Ratchet and Arcee at least. The others I think just find the fact that I have friendships in the Decepticon ranks amusing. Who can blame them though. I doubt anyone expected Decepticons to find a friend in a human, let alone one like me.

     I was alone on the couch since the kids had to go home. It was a school night and they all needed sleep. There are days when I miss being 16, or 17. Then there are days when I remember the hell I went through, and am glad I'm 30. My birthday hasn't been celebrated for years... and it's coming up soon. Meh, Knockout hasn't noticed it in the time we've known each other, not like he'll notice now. The only one who ever did... was Roman... No, that was years ago. No sense in looking back now. I'm much older... and don't need... anyone...

     Wow. How long did I tell that too myself? I can't believe I actually listened to that scrap. No, I only need one person in my life, though it's nice having the others as well, and they're not even people! They're giant alien robots from the planet Cybertron! They transform into cars and planes, and they treat me like family. Most of them anyway. For the second time in my life, I feel like I'm home.

         "(Y/N)... ar-are you okay?"

I sniffed, realizing that I was crying, and smiled up at the old medic.

         "More than okay, Ratchet. I'm way more than okay."

I'm home. 

(The best part is about to come!)