Common Rivalry

Knockout finally finished my upgrades, and I was on my way to meet Arachnid. For some reason she didn't want to meet on the war ship, and asked to have our first meeting in the middle of fragging no where. I was already on edge, and she went and made it worse. At this rate we were going to be rivals rather than friends... Darn it, Knockout was already winning the bet. And I did not want to go back to the Autobots. Not yet, not ever if I could manage it! 

         "Soundwave, I could use a Groundbridge please, to Arachnid?" 

The silent Third in Command obliged, and I walked through the bridge to find myself in a very spacious field, surrounded by tall trees and grasses that came up to my knee joint. I saw who I believed to be Arachnid near the middle of the field. To be honest she was quite stunning, and much slimmer than me. 

         "I believe you to be Wildstryke?" She called from her spot. 

         "And you must be Arachnid?" 

         "I see you've done your studying." 

She turned, revealing her faceplate and it's slim features. If I wasn't so confident in myself I would have had a femme crush right then and there, but alas, no such thing surfaced. She definitely  lived up to her name as I noticed her spider-like features. 

         "Well when you're the talk of the entire ship, didn't have to do much digging." I replied.

         "I should say the same about you, considering I hear your name mentioned many a time by Lord Megatron." 

         "Yes... he seems to have a rather unhealthy fascination with me." I commented, making Arachnid chuckled as she made her way to me, in turn, I came forward as well. 

         "You know I think we'll get along just fine." She held out a servo for me to take. 

         "What is it that you have against me already?" I asked, optics narrowed. 

         "Nothing, call it a test if you will," She flicked the metal eating liquid from her digits, "And I do believe you passed." 

         "Wow, I feel under-prepared suddenly. I don't have anything to test you with." 

         "From what I heard you're neutral, so I didn't think you would, making me think you'd trust me to the point of your own demise." She smirked, her purple optics obviously amused. 

I showed no sign of fear, how could I? I have none, not of her. Crossing my arms, and putting most of my weight on my dominant hip, I mimicked her expression. 

         "Well sorry to disappoint." 

A comfortable silence fell between us as we sized each other up. I might have been shorter, though only by a bit, but I knew I take her if she decided to attack, even at such close range. I waited. She waited. And when nothing happened, we both started to laugh, mine boisterous, and hers a witch's cackle. We were stuck like this for some time as we laughed together, neither in any condition to attack or defend. 

         "How about we go back and get some energon before we end up low from laughing." I suggest through small gasps. 

Arachnid was faster in sobering herself, "That sounds like a good plan, though I have to wait for that oaf of a mech." 

         "Oh? But Breakdown's back on the war ship isn't he? ... Yeah cause I-" 

         "You obviously haven't met him yet, which is quite astonishing, he's hard to miss."