A Burned-Out Candle Re-Lit

~???'s POV~

     I'm... I'm opening my eyes... but... how?

     Are these... my hands? They're robotic... No, they're Cybertronic, I recognize the technology. Why grey? That's hardly a color I would use.

     Is this... a lab? Whose lab?

     My memories... they're all here... but not all are mine. Oh. I see. But this is not their intention... (Y/N) doesn't know. Heh, she never had much luck with human guys, guess it only makes sense she found a mech. Knockout huh? Seems nice enough, a little on the mad doctor side, but I'm glad she found someone... Or... not... He stopped working on his project... it's been a week since anyone's seen her. Guess I have to find her myself.

     I slowly got the hang of my new body, the mechanical parts working just fine, though they were stiff from not being used. My audio receptors worked well, and I could see perfectly, a bit of green light emanating from my optics as I started typing on a computer. I only knew it had been a week since (Y/N) hadn't been found because that's when the last data entry was made in the mechanical body I now resided in. Through deep research, I found that (Y/N) had been able to transfer her mind to a Cybertronian body. The memories that passed through, were downloaded, picked at, and separated, only certain memories being downloaded into this human sized replica... Is this? YES! Holoform technology! If I can download it, I might be able to make a holoformic skin! This is where I need (Y/N) and her computer know-how. That processor of hers can do WONDERS with any machine! For now I'll go with the beta testing... it seems to be the easiest to understand... cool, that's downloaded, though I can only use it for about half an hour before it expires... I'll use it wisely.

     Jumping from the high console, I landed on the floor with a lite tapping of me human sized pedes. I found my way through the massive war ship, and to the third in command, Soundwave. I knew I could trust him, (Y/N) did, and so did Knockout. He finally saw me after I jumped my way up to the top of the computers he was working at, and seemed startled as he took a step back. I put a metal digit to my mouthless face.

         "Havzzzt..." the voice box hadn't been used at all, "Coordinatzzzzzt... fi-i-ind... (Y/N)." I wasn't surprised that her name was the only thing that came out clearly.

Soundwave nodded, and I typed in the place I knew she would go, even though she practically hated it, it was a familiar place. Soundwave activated a groundbridge, and I thanked him through sign language, earning a nod in return. They're not kidding when they call him the Communications Officer... I went through, finding the woods to be quite peaceful as I listened to the slow thrum of owls, and other night creatures that bustled at this impossible hour.

     It was a good 10 minutes until I reached my destination. I didn't want to alarm (Y/N), so I entered not very specific coordinates. I was glad of that after I found her enter through the water fall, the lake going deep into the Earth that it filtered into. I slowly made my way to the water fall, and only activated the holoformic skin when I was ready to confront her, the black leather jacket matching the dark blue jeans and black converse... This was either going to be a huge mistake, or it just might save her.

         "You know..." My voice didn't crack this time, "It's almost traitorous, you coming back here."

I watched her turn abruptly, the light from her small lamp showing the fear, and confusion, and disbelief as she recognized me.

         "I remember, you were five, and swore by our sibling bond you'd never come back here."

         "Roman?"