(4) Stay Close

💋

     "Romeo..."

     I blinked and realized that I've been staring out the window of the car for a long time now. I cleared my throat then looked at the rearview mirror and saw Johnson staring at me.

      "We're here", he tells me as soon as our eyes met. 

      I cleared my throat again and answered, "O-Of course...let's go"

      Edrick – my secretary – goes out of the car and opens the door for me. The moment I went out, employees quickly aligned near the entrance to greet me properly like how they were trained to do.

     "Good morning chairman Val", everyone greeted in unison.

     "Good morning", I greeted back with an expressionless face.

     I went inside the building, my secretary quickly following behind me while holding all my things.

     I walked towards the elevator. Everyone who was lining up quickly went to the side to give me way.

     When the elevator arrived, I went inside, my secretary alone following behind me, leaving all the employees who were waiting first, to wait again.

     "Julien Choi", I quickly tell Edrick as soon as the elevator door closes, making him look at me confusingly.

     "J-Julien...Choi?" he clarified to me again.

     I nodded my head and further explained, "In our employee list, look for the name Julien Choi."

     My secretary quickly nods his head and takes out his tablet. He turns it on and looks through the list of names of hundreds of my employees in the main building.

     I was staring at the floor number increasing, but my secretary still hasn't given me anything yet.

     "What's taking so long?" I asked impatiently as Edrick continued to search for Julien's name on the list.

     But before he could even answer my initial question, we arrived at the 20th floor.

     The elevator door opens, and I went out without even waiting for him to follow me.

     He quickly runs pass me to put his things on the somewhat "reception area" that was just outside my office.

     As he puts his things down, he runs towards the door to open it for me. I went inside and went straight to my desk to sit down. Edrick on the other hand neatly placed my things on the table; afterwards he stood in front of me with his eyes still glued to the screen of his tablet.

     "Julien Choi-" he repeats to himself. Seconds later, his panicked expression changed into relief as he said, "I found it sir. Julien Choi, 28 years old. Korean Nationality but American Citizen. He worked at the Valentino Company that was handled by President King for a few months before being transferred here. Now he's in the Marketing department."

     "Send the data to me."

     "Right away sir."

     I opened my drawer and took out my stress ball.

     After that night, all I could think about was that man's face. I was thinking of him too much that I wasn't even able to sleep properly.

     So while I was at the car a few minutes ago, I got the perfect idea.

     For me to stop thinking about him, I'll just make him stay close to me. If I always see him, then I won't be stupidly thinking about him like an idiot.