(35) My Pride

🌹

     "How did you escape?" Mat asked.

     The next day came and we were now at the meeting room inside the club. President King already left while Romeo and I...

     "Made love," I suddenly thought, my face turning red at the wrong place and at the wrong time.

     I then remembered how Romeo kissed every part of my body last night. The thought of it alone made me shiver. 

     "Are you okay?" Mat suddenly asked, snapping back to my senses.

     I blinked and quickly shifted from my seat.

     I looked Romeo and saw him stupidly smirking, like he knew exactly what I was thinking about.

     "Is sitting down too hard for you babe?" Romeo suddenly asked me, shocking me.

     I quickly cleared my throat and answered Mat's question instead, "The masked men in the club has secretly been looking after me since I'm somehow still their property. So when I was taken, they followed me."

     "So they know about Romeo being a godfather," Mat says.

     I nodded my head and explained, "they do, but I assure you that it does not interest them in any way."

     "How sure are you?" Mat asked further.

    Then Romeo suddenly lifted his hand to stop Mat, "Julien trusts them, and I trust him. So for now, these club-men are not a threat to us."

     Mat looked like he wanted to say something, but he nodded his head as an understanding instead.

     "Now we need to look for Matthew King. I'm a hundred percent sure he's the one behind all this, so I will not let him do something like that again," Romeo suddenly says, anger present in his voice.

     I was inches away from seriously telling him the truth, but since the president wants his identity a secret then I'll keep it for now.

     "Don't you think everything that's happening now is too scripted? Like everything is being pointed at President King. Don't you think it's kinda fishy?" I asked instead, and thank god Romeo was thinking about it now too.

     I might not be able to directly tell him about it, but I might just remove his doubt on President King instead.

     "What makes you think that?" he asked me further.

     "You see, I escaped the van easily. It was actually too easy that I couldn't even believe it. It's like their goal was to purposely let me escape. And whoever is really planning this is obviously making you hate President King even more," I explained further.

     "So you're telling us President King can be innocent?" Mat asked with his right eyebrow raised.

     "He CAN be innocent. I'm not saying he IS innocent," I clarified, and both Romeo and Mat nodded their heads as an understanding.

     "Then who do you think it is?" Romeo asked.

     I took a deep breath and honestly answered him, "I'm not sure yet, because it's hard to point fingers. But whoever he is, your family trusts him."

     Romeo sighs and massages his temple, "I wouldn't even be shocked if the one who's betraying me is actually the whole family."

     "It might also be-"

     "Obviously playing guessing games won't help us." Mat says, cutting me off.

     "What we should talk about now is our next move," Mat continued, and I nodded my head as an agreement.