(33) The Truth

🌹

     "P-President King..." I say as I stared at his face with disbelief.

     I had to blink again to make sure I was seeing the right person.

     "Surprised?" he asked with a small smile.

     All this time, this man who I thought was just a mere customer, was actually the owner of the club that practically saved my life.

     "T-this can't be...I thought you were the bad guy. N-No, WE thought you were the bad guy. Romeo...he practically lost it when he found out you were a traitor," I honestly told him.

     President King sighs and says, "I still have a lot to explain to Romeo, and I know that through all the events that happened, all the suspicion ended up being pointed at me. But I hope you know that I did not kill any of Romeo's people, and I would never team up with your brother because there is no reason for me to do so."

     "Don't worry, I know. Because if you did, you wouldn't have hid me for more than 9 years," I answered him, and President King looked relieved.

     "Well I know that I also have a lot to explain to you, but for now we need to leave," President King says as he turns around to walk back to his car.

     Two men in masks approached me and assisted me to the car since I basically couldn't walk properly.

     When I got inside, we immediately left the scene before anyone else finds us.

     "I'll bring you back to the club so we could treat your wounds. For now that's the safest place you could be in," the president says. I didn't say anything and just nodded my head as an answer.

     "Does my brother know about you being the boss of Club Luxuria?" I asked as I looked at him.

     President King shakes his head and answered, "No, but he might know me as a man that had a business agreement with your father in the past. I tried to hide my identity, which was why I was not able to do anything when your brother and his men came to the club."

     "Because if you stopped them then my brother would definitely get suspicious, and he'd end up finding out that you were actually helping me," I said, understanding the whole situation even though everything about it was messed up.

     It was an incident that I will never forget. Thankfully President King didn't apologize about anything, because that incident might be something that I will never forgive him for.

     I took a deep breath and looked at the masked men inside the car, "I hated that club you know," I suddenly say.

     Everyone immediately looked back at me, but no one said a word, so I continued, "I hated the smell of lust in the air. I hated how we were displayed like toys for men to play with. And I hated how I couldn't even leave because I knew that there were no where else I could go to."

     I looked at President King's eyes, and I swore he looked apologetic when he looked back at me.

     "But that club was where I met people who suffered like me. And for what was worth, it kept me alive up to this day. So thank you...thank you for taking me away," I seriously tell President King.

     President King takes a deep breath and immediately looks away.

     He stares out the window and says, "I won't label myself as a bad guy, but I won't label myself as a good guy either. I have my reasons on why I protected and hid you, so you do not need to thank a selfish man like me."