(21) He's Back

💋

     "I-It's uncle..." I say as I was trying my best not to drop my phone.

     Johnson finally stands up from the floor. He was panting heavily, but he takes my phone from my hand anyway. He answers the call and puts it on speaker mode so both of us could hear it.

     "Where are you right now?" my uncle quickly asked the moment we answered the call.

     Johnson looked at me, and it was obvious I wasn't in the right state to be answering him right now, so Johnson answered for me instead, "This is Johnson sir Antonio, and I'm back at the house with Romeo."

     "Then where the fuck is Romeo?" my uncle asked, and by the tone of his voice, he didn't sound happy.

     I glanced inside my house and saw the blood again. The sight of it automatically made my heart start beating faster like before.

     I was biting on my tongue and started counting just so I could ease myself.

     I closed my eyes, trying to think of something else so my mind wouldn't be consumed by dark and taunting memories.

      "Happy thoughts", I said to myself.

     The bad memories was slowly appearing, but not like before, the images were blurry. Suddenly, there was light, and all I could think about...was Julien.

     "He's...not feeling well", I heard Johnson answer.

     "You're not going to fool me, I know Romeo's there so let me talk to him now", my uncle persistently says.

     Johnson sighs, but he still doesn't give me the phone, "Alright, he's beside me right now. Go ahead and talk since he's listening."

     Uncle Antonio would just ask to hear my voice first, but it was obvious that he was in a hurry so he started explaining himself instead, "Dario fucking Alfonzo called me just now, and you know what he told me? He said Romeo is currently acquainted with a member of the Dark Saints", Antonio angrily stated.

     "That is not true sir!" Johnson immediately answered him.

     "Then prove it to us. We're going to have an emergency meeting now, I want Romeo here and I want him to explain to me every...single...detail", my uncle suddenly says, finally making me take the phone from Johnson's hand.

     "Alright, I'll be there", I answered before ending the call.

     Johnson looked at me with shock as he said, "Y-You're going? Romeo, you might have a mental breakdown. You might-"

     I immediately lifted my hand to stop Johnson.

     I quickly closed my eyes and cleared my head. The trembling of my hand finally stopped, and the image of Julien silently sleeping in my arm suddenly appeared.

     Julien has given me so many happy thoughts that I'm forgetting the bad once and have started remembering how it feels like when I was once a strong man.

     "It begins", I whispered as I remembered the writings on the wall.

     I opened my eyes and looked at Johnson.

     I went to the door and closed it, then I angrily pointed at the number that's carved in it, "They barged into my home, disrespected my name...and killed my people", I say as I looked back at Johnson.

     "For the first time in my life Johnson...I'm not scared."

     I angrily clenched my fist as I continued, "I'm fucking furious."