(32) Unmask

🌹

     I slowly opened my eyes and realized that I was inside a moving van.

     "We'll bring him to the warehouse. Boss said the Asians would be waiting there too," I heard a man suddenly say.

     "Why don't we just kill him now?" another man asked, quickly making me feel nervous when I heard the word kill.

     "We can't okay. So just shut up."

     My heart was beating fast as I pretended to still be unconscious to not alarm them.

     It was like earlier I was eating the best meal of my life, now I'm inside a van like the time those men drove me to the airport, only to be sent to a club here.

     By just listening to their conversation, it's pretty obvious that they're bringing me to my brother. And when we interrogated the bomber yesterday, he said American Man, so President King somehow ended up teaming up with my brother ever since before.

     I don't know how that happened but I'm not going to stay here to find out.

     I tried moving my arm a little.

     My wrists were tied together, but it wasn't really tight so I could escape from it easily.

     The plan that they did to kidnap me was risky, but it had a lot of flaws, so I'm guessing they're not used to kidnapping people, especially since I've heard that the Valentino's haven't really done anything for years since they didn't have a godfather after Claudio's death.

     I moved a little again, and as expected, these stupid assholes didn't even check me; I luckily still have my gun with me.

     Well they might have been in a hurry to leave the household, and knowing them, they'd expect that I'd be unarmed since I'm basically a prisoner in that house.

     But where the hell was Romeo?

     Will he be okay? Or rather, is he okay?

     Antonio and Mat would be with him, and not everyone hates him. So he must be okay.

     Oh please let him be okay.

     "We're almost there," one of the men suddenly says.

     Shit, I have to move.

     I slowly squinted my eyes to see what the situation was.

     There were three men inside the van. The driver, Aaron – the man who drugged me, and another man I was not familiar with.

     The driver won't be able to do much if I do anything since he's driving. Aaron looks trained; well he is a soldier of the Valentino family, but he's old, so he'd be slow. And the other one...he looks weak and too easy to kill.

     I can take him out first then try shooting Aaron.

     What the hell did they think of me? They could have at least brought more men with them.

     I closed my eyes again.

     I tried not to move much as I tried to escape from the pathetic knot these idiots did.

     Thankfully I'm a skilled gang member, so I got out as fast as I could.

     I slowly moved my arm behind my back until I reached out for the gun. When I got a hold of it, I didn't waste time and opened my eyes.

     I quickly sat up and kicked the first man on the chin area, making him hit his head on the window and automatically knocking him out.

     "Easy," I muttered to myself.