(18) Complicated Love

💋

     "We're here", Johnson tells me as he parked the car in front of the main entrance of the building.

     I went out of the car and immediately heard noise coming from the main entrance of the building.

     "Let go! I personally know the chairman here! He's an acquaintance of a friend of mine so let go!" a man suddenly shouts.

     I walked towards the noise and saw two guards carrying a man out of the building.

     "Excuse me? What's going on here?" I asked, making the two guards quickly let go of the man that they were carrying.

     "Chairman Val!" the two guards greeted in unison.

     "What are you doing to him?" I asked as I gestured at the man who was fixing his clothes. But before the guards could answer, the man suddenly removes his sunglasses, and my eyes automatically widened as I recognized who he was.

     "Number 14", I unknowingly said out loud.

     "Romeo!" he shouts as he recognizes who I was too.

     He runs to me and starts firing me questions, "How's Julien? Is he doing okay? Is he resting well?"

     I actually had to raise my hand to stop him from talking.

    "He's fine, don't worry", I answered, but then I looked at him seriously and asked, "But what are you doing here?"

     Number 14 doesn't answer but gives me a tissue paper instead.

     I hold it with two fingers and looked at it with disgust, "What the hell is this?"

     "It's a note. The same men who "forced" themselves on Julien...came back last night. But there was a new one, an intimidating looking man, Asian like Julien. When they found out that Julien wasn't there anymore, the Asian man suddenly took a tissue paper and wrote something down. He said to give it to Julien, and to make sure he reads it", number 14 explained.

     I looked back at the tissue paper but still didn't dare touch it.

     "What did it say?" I asked.

     Number 14 shrugs his shoulder and says, "Don't know, it's in Korean. And there's like a...symbol."

     "Symbol?" I asked as I finally unfolded the tissue paper, my eyes widening when I saw what it was.

     Like how number 14 described it, there was a written text that was in Korean, and as predicted, there was a symbol that was exactly the same as the tattoo on the side of Julien's eyes.

     "Dark Saints", I said under my breath.

     "What's going on here?" Johnson suddenly asked as he finally arrived beside me.

     I don't answer him and quickly hide the tissue inside my pocket. Then I looked back at number 14 and said, "Thank you for giving this to me. If you need anything I'll-"

     "No. Just...keep Julien safe, okay?" he suddenly asks, and without waiting for me, he leaves.

     "Romeo", Johnson called out.

     I finally looked at him and said, "Find a Korean employee immediately."

     Johnson looked confused, but without saying anything, he nods his head anyways. Then I looked at the two guards and quickly said, "You may now go back to your stations."