(23) Left Behind

💋

     "Here", Julien says as he placed a pitcher of water on top of the table.

     The four of us were sitting at the living room of the apartment, thinking of what to do next since bad things have finally started. Julien wasn't the only one involved here now. I was also involved now because the Dark Saints killed my people, and I will not sit around and wait for them to kill more of my people.

     "By the way, this is Matthew Luca", I say as I looked at Julien and gestured my hand at Mat.

     Mat quickly stands up and politely gives a bow, "Mat Luca, at your service."

     "Nice to meet you", Julien says as he sat down beside me.

     "He works at the black market", I added.

     Julien nods his head in understanding and says, "So he's a marketer."

    Of course he knows that too.

     "Yes I am, and the best one at it. I know everyone in the black market. So everything you need, I can give it to you. Well, of course if you have the money", Mat says with a grin, and then he sits back down beside Johnson.

     "So, what do we do now?" Johnson asked.

     "Before we do anything, I have to say something to Julien first", I say as I looked at Julien seriously.

    Julien didn't even look nervous. He stared at me for a couple of seconds, like he was reading me, then suddenly he says, "You know about me being the next head of the Dark Saints don't you?"

     Everyone in the room became shocked, including me.

    "Wait a second, you're not just a member? You're a fucking heir?!" Johnson asked, his expression obviously in shock with the sudden news.

    "I am", Julien simply answered. Then he pointed at the tattoo on his face and added, "This is the symbol. Only the heads and heirs can have this symbol on their face."

     "So we're really dealing with real shit here", Mat says, also in disbelief even though I already explained to him everything earlier.

    "So your brother is here to..."

    I looked at Julien but didn't dare finish. But he nods his head and finished for me anyway, "kill me. He's here to kill me so he could reclaim it."

     "Are you an original blood?" Johnson asked.

     (If you don't know what original blood is until now well it's basically the son of the head of the family and the legal wife.)

     "I am, my big brother is only my half brother", Julien answered.

     "No wonder he's so desperate to kill you", Mat added.

    "But why were you put here anyways? Shouldn't you be at your household since you're the heir?" Johnson asked, and that was a question that I was also dying to know.

     Julien takes a deep breath. When he looked like he was hesitant, I quickly grabbed his hand and squeezed it, "If you don't want to tell us, then it's okay. You don't have to push yourself."

     Julien takes another deep breath, but then he looks at the three of us and started with his explanation, "I was supposed to be killed by my own father's hands because the elders demanded me to be killed. But, when my father was about to shoot me, he suddenly stopped midway. He said he couldn't kill his only heir. So, he sold me instead without the elders knowing about it."