(41) The Reasons

🌹

     "Hello...chairman Val," President King says as he entered the room with Elizabeth – Romeo's mother.

     "You have been keeping secrets from me again President Matthew King," Romeo says as he gestured at the seat in front of him.

    Mat and Mathias stood on the side as I stood behind Romeo.

     I seriously never imagined that one day we'd all be in one room together.

     "It had been a while since I've been to this household. I don't remember it being so chaotic," President King tells us.

      Romeo chuckles and answers him, "I am giving them what they deserve."

     "What have you done?" Elizabeth asked as she and President King sat on their seats.

     Romeo wanted to ignore his mother like how he always does, but this wasn't the time to act in such a way. So he sighs and looks at her anyways.

     "What I should have done a long time ago," Romeo simply answers her, making Elizabeth and President King look at each other, like they knew that Romeo had finally learned the truth.

     "So Antonio's not here anymore," Elizabeth says.

     "The household was ambushed by my brother's men. Apparently my brother has actually been chained up at the basement for days, and his men came here to rescue him. Antonio has been forcing my brother's men to fight for him for the sake of their leader's safety," I explained to them.

      "Your brother was here? And he wasn't the bad guy?" President King asked from shock, and I nodded my head as an answer.

     "He was actually supposed to look for you but instead Antonio got a hold of him first. I don't know how he found out about it though," I explained further.

     "As expected of Antonio," Elizabeth suddenly says.

     Then Romeo quickly looks back at her and asks, "So you fucking knew about him?"

     Elizabeth looks back at her son, and for the first time since I've seen her, she looked apologetic.

     "There were consequences," she tells him.

     Romeo chuckles and asked back, "Consequences? Is this the same reason why you killed my father?"

     Mat and Mathias suddenly gasped on what they heard, making me remember that I'm the only one who knows about it. Well except for Elizabeth and President King of course.

     "W-What? You killed-" Mathias tried to say. Elizabeth takes a deep breath and bravely nodded her head, "Yes, I killed Claudio with my bare hands, and until now the same scene keeps on replaying inside my head. I am not proud of killing the love of my life, but it was a sacrifice that I am willing to make over and over again for the sake of my family."

     Everyone became quiet after, not sure what to say next.

     "We all have reasons," President King suddenly adds. Then he looks at me and says, "And the reason why I am here...is because of Antonio as well."

     "What do you mean?" I asked, and I knew Romeo was curious about it too.

     It was President King who practically started everything. He's the reason why I met Romeo. He's the reason why Romeo became the godfather. He's the reason why we now know the truth about everything.

     He's the main reason, but until now, we don't know his reason on why he desperately wants to take revenge.

     "A man named Matthew Luca. Is he still here in your household?" President King suddenly asked, confusing Romeo and me.