(43) Exhausted [m]

🌹

      "I don't need your forgiveness, nor does Claudio. But the only thing I am asking from you is to kill Antonio," Elizabeth tells us, wiping the tears that have stained her cheeks earlier.

     The whole room was silent.

    Elizabeth has finally told us her reason, and I could see in Romeo's eyes that he is as confused as he was when he saw Elizabeth "murder" his father years ago.

     "My plans of killing Antonio will not change," Romeo finally says.

     He hasn't said anything since earlier that I was starting to get a little concerned. Thankfully he finally said something.

     "There are a lot of things that I still have to plan, and a lot of things that I still have to think about. But for now, I want to rest," he continues, suddenly standing up from his seat.

     Elizabeth looks at him, but she doesn't stand like how his men would usually do.

     "You do not need my forgiveness? Good...because I don't think I can give it to you for now," Romeo coldly says, but I knew that in his heart he felt something for his mother, maybe something close to pity.

     "Mathias, if you may...please escort Ms. Elizabeth to a room where she could rest. Then go check on the men and see how many other men they have already killed," Romeo instructed.

     Mathias nods his head and puts his hand in his chest, "Yes Don Romeo."

     Elizabeth finally stands up as Mathias gestured for the door.

     She looks at his son for the last time, like he was going to say something, but she decides not to and just leaves the room with Mathias.

      When Romeo and I were finally alone, I slowly reached out for his shoulder and touched it.

      Romeo doesn't say anything or does anything. He doesn't even look at me.

      I took a deep breath, feeling the pain and the hurt Romeo was feeling now.

      I knew what I felt now was nothing compared to what Romeo might be feeling. But seeing him so exhausted made my heart ache so much.

      He was physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted, and I couldn't do anything about it.

      He looked even a little older now compared to the time he was still just chairman Val.

      It made me feel that this isn't the Romeo that I've met before. He was like the Romeo that the people in this household knew, the version of him that I was not able to witness...not until now.

     "How many secrets are left?" Romeo finally asks me.

     I don't say anything so he continued, "About my uncle, about President King, about the real death of my father...about everything else. How many more secrets are left?"

     Romeo finally turns around to face me, my heart immediately breaking as I saw tears in his eyes.

     I don't say anything and just moved forward to hug him. Leaning my head on his chest as I draped my arms around his neck. Hoping that my comfort can somehow ease him, even for a little.

     Romeo lowers his head and continues to shed tears.

     Then, he drape his arms around me and finally hugs me tightly.

     "I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do," Romeo says as he continues to hug me tightly.

     "Whatever you decide on Romeo, I will be by your side, no matter what. Okay?" I reminded him, making him nod his head as an understanding.