∙ ABOUT ∙

💋

ABOUT THE STORY:

Toys For The Big Boys was the most complicated and even the longest story that I have ever written here in Wattpad. I was literally inches away from giving up on this because this wasn't the usual vibe that I was used to, but since readers enjoyed it, I continued the journey, and I could proudly say that I'm glad that I did.

What inspired you to write this?

⌲  It's not really complicated. I got inspired writing this when I watched a music video, and that music video is actually the one in Chapter (32) Unmask. After watching it, I suddenly had this crazy idea about mafias.

This is the video:

What's with the title?

⌲ Shockingly enough, while we were on our way to the airport, my father suddenly mentioned "Toys for the big boys " for some reason that I do not remember. I looked at my sister, and at that moment we knew, that THAT was the title that we'd be going for. 

Why a Mafia-related Story?

⌲ I wanted to make a spin-off of Romeo & Juliet that had a little vibe of Bonnie & Clyde. And as we all know, Romeo & Juliet had this family related problem, so what better way to make a complicated family problem than through a Mafia Family?

Characters?

Romeo Valentino

⌲  Romeo Valentino was a character that I have always been thinking about, even before I made this story. A lot mentioned it before, and yes, the manga Ten Count inspired me with his character. I read that manga and I suddenly thought that I wanted to create a character like him who is weak but actually very monstrous and powerful. it just so happened that I ended up placing him in THIS story.

Julien Choi

⌲  Because of the music video, I ended up wanting an Asian partner for my godfather. And since I already established Romeo at that time, I thought that a person who is a complete opposite of Romeo would be perfect. Romeo wanted clean things, so I decided to make Julien a man who looked dirty, AKA a man who was covered with tattoos. 

Romeo would find him dirty at first, but as time goes by, he found Julien's tattoos to be beautiful, like it was a work of art.

Johnson Pollock

⌲  Not to complicate him. I just wanted Romeo to have a father-figure since his father died. I know you're going to hate me for this but I NEVER planned on killing him off. But as I wrote the story, his death ended up being very necessary.

Matthew Luca

⌲ The "gardener" and Romeo's friend. I really made him look like the bad guy because I didn't want you guys to concentrate on the other characters. I knew that I was making it too obvious, but it was an option that I purposely gave you guys.

Antonio Valentino

⌲  Antonio was the man who I wanted everyone to like. He was going to be the cool badass uncle who will be beside Romeo till the end. Honestly when we were planning the story, Antonio was never going to be the bad guy, but since he showed such a good guy image, making him the bad guy would just be too epic.