(6) Nighttime

💋

     "Romeo", Johnson suddenly calls out, making Julien quickly put his hands down from me.

     Johnson walks towards us. He was surprised to see that I was actually crying, but he sighs like he knew that it would happen sooner or later.

     "You're going home. There's no need for you to go back to work today", Johnson tells me.

     Then, he noticed that people were already looking at us, probably because they were already recognizing my face.

     Thankfully, our car arrives. Johnson quickly opens the door for me and hurriedly asked me to get inside.

     Julien went in next, and then Johnson got in last.

     "Diana told me her driver will pick her up soon so-"

     I quickly cut Johnson off and said, "I don't care. Drive, I want to go home."

     Johnson takes a deep breath but nods his head anyways, "Alright, but I'll have to drop Mr. Julien back at the company first."

     I quickly looked at Julien who doesn't even say anything.

     I slowly lifted my hand and gently touched the cheek where Julien first touched it.

     "No", I suddenly say as I put my hand down, making Johnson look at me confusingly through the rearview mirror.

     I looked back at Julien as I continued, "He's coming with us."

     Johnson was once again surprised.

     Well, he would definitely be surprised since the only people who has ever been inside my house is Johnson himself, Edrick (and my past secretaries), my maids and cooks, and some family members. My secretaries can enter my house, but only at a specific time.

     I'm picky towards people who get the chance to step foot inside my house, but NO ONE can go inside my room, even the maids. I have a camera right outside my bedroom door to make sure no one can get inside. And if you're wondering, I'm the one who cleans my own room because I don't want anyone else to touch my personal belongings.

     And like what I just said, I'm picky towards people who get the chance to step foot inside my house, but somehow, I feel like Julien is an exception.

    "Alright then", Johnson finally says as he drives away from the company and straight back to my house.

     Thankfully, the sudden outburst of my memories stopped, and I was able to occupy my mind with something different, and apparently, that something different was...

     "I'm already used to the pain, so if you want...you can pour it all out on me. I'll take it...with no questions asked."

     I quickly closed my eyes. Feeling Julien's touch on my cheek for the second time.

     "Did it always feel like this?" I asked myself as I took a deep breath and tried to think of other good memories instead to ease myself more.

     But like always, I failed.

     I finally went back to my usual self because like before, all I could think about was this insignificant man in front of me.

     Which made me realize that currently, the only good memory that I have...

     Was him.

*****

     "We're here", I heard Johnson say as I opened my eyes after taking a quick nap inside the car.