(8.5) Don't Stare

💋

     "You two order anything you want, I'll handle the payment. If you need anything just approach me." Romeo immediately tells us.

     We were inside a restaurant to eat lunch, but apparently, we were actually here because Romeo was going to meet up with a woman that I clearly didn't know about.

     "Then enjoy your lunch", Johnson told him as Romeo walks away from us, probably to go to the woman who he was supposed to meet with.

     "Why did he even make me come with them?" I thought to myself, a little annoyed about the whole situation.

     "Julien, let's sit down", Johnson tells me, quickly making me look at him. I nod my head and waited for him to sit down first before I could sit on my own seat.

     But before Johnson could even say anything, a waiter goes to us.

     "Your order sir?" the waiter asked.

     Johnson takes the menu and starts saying these dishes. He then looks back at me and asked, "What would yours be Julien?"

     I gestured my hand and answered, "Whatever you picked sir Johnson."

     Johnson nods his head and looks back at the waiter, "Then make that two."

     "Anything else sir?" the waiter asked.

     "No, that would be all, thank you", Johnson answered, and then the waiter nods his head and leaves.

     "Johnson would be fine by the way, like I said earlier, you don't have to add the sir", Johnson suddenly says.

    I looked at him confusingly so he continued, "I might be old looking but I'm still just your co-employee."

     "But, aren't you like...Chairman Val's guardian?" I asked, suddenly making Johnson laugh.

     What's so funny?

     "Well, it looks like it doesn't it? But no, I'm not his legal guardian. If personal assistant isn't pretty convincing then...butler? Will that be more appropriate?" he asked me, but I didn't know what to answer him.

     "It might not look like it but Romeo has a very protective family; he doesn't need me to be his guardian. I am only here to assist him in any way possible, nothing more", Johnson explains to me.

     "Is that so..." I say, and then both of us became quiet and awkward.

     Johnson cleared his throat and quickly asked me, "So, do you have any particular reasons on why you chose to work for the Valentino Company?"

     I shook my head and honestly answered, "Not really. If it weren't for President King I wouldn't even be interested in working there, it just so happened I needed the extra money."

     "Extra money? Then that means-" Johnson suddenly pauses when he sees a message appear on the screen of his phone.

     "Oh excuse me, let me just reply to this real quickly", he says as he takes his phone and replies to the message.

     I took a deep breath and waited for him to finish. While waiting, I unknowingly looked at Romeo who was sitting with a woman that had really pretty hair. Just by looking at her back, it was obvious she was beautiful.

     And the fact that Romeo - who I won't deny; is very handsome - was eating lunch with a beautiful woman pisses me off for some reason.

     Who was she anyways? Romeo's girlfriend? If she is then I bet their sex life is terrible.